Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Enkindled Spring

A verdant inferno of daffodils, tulips, voluptuous pink peonies, star magnolias, and a blaze of crisp, green leaves.

"Verdant Inferno" is going to be the name of my new 90s alternative cover band.

Anyway, I tried this on after another BPAL daffodil-tulip blend, Queen of Earthly Paradise, wore off today. Enkindled Spring is definitely in this sort of early-spring-flower family -- it's youthful, jubilant, and just a touch quirky.

Fresh on, it's a burst of spring flowers and greenery. I find daffodils, waxy tulips, and pink peonies, alongside a green that's vibrant but not intrusive.

There's a white floral sort of note in here that I'm not loving quite as much, which I'm guessing is the star magnolia. On my skin it's heavy, almost heady, and borderline soapy after a while -- it'll find lovers out there, it's just not for me.

The greenery note has a short life on my skin after its initial happy burst. The blend becomes dominated by the magnolia, but retains a little of the daffy-dils and other spring flowers.

This smells like wild flowers: I get daffodils, tulips, and peonies. Its very fresh. Good throw and wear length.

I didn’t know tulips had a scent until grad school, when I worked at a Wicks N Sticks in my spare time. Our biggest seller was Yankee Candles, and there was a tulip blend that was shockingly fragrant for such a simple little flower. Unfortunately that stuck with me, and while I love the smell I have to be wary of it because it often eats everything else. And yeah, it kinda does that here too. Hmph.

In the decant: Soft velvet-y flowers, yellow and white.

On me: A field of sweet, spring flowers, yellow, white, and pink. The greenery behind the floral notes is what helps conjure images of a meadow in spring. I think I am getting a lot of the star magnolia on my skin. It's sweet and somewhat heady. Over time, the greenery fades away, leaving behind a softer, sweet floral scent. I can still smell the velvety petals, and I think I am getting more of the tulips and pink peonies after several hours of wear.

I also tried layering this with 13 (March 2020). I dabbed my arm with the oil from the cap of the 13 and added a small drop of this with the wand of my decant. It started off with mostly the lemon-y, sugary 13 at first, but the floral notes from The Enkindled Spring peeked out more over time, until it became this glorious sugary floral scent. :wub2:  I think I may be getting more of the tulip as a result of this layering. It's a sugary floral dream, so if you have both scents, I recommend giving this layering combo a try. :) 

Verdict: I like this, but I liked it a lot more during the wet phase of the scent, and I don't think I'd likely reach for it on its own, because I realized that I enjoyed it less once the greenery disappeared. That said, it's gorgeous layered with the above 13, so I will definitely be hanging on to my decant for layering purposes.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Enkindled Spring is really pretty.  I didn't get as much peony as I had hoped for, but it's lots of spring flowers in pinks and yellows with some fresh green leaves.  The florals outlast the greenery.  It reminds me of 1950s era spring finery -- easter bonnets, white gloves, fitted bodices.  It's not my usual thing but was fun to try, and I think floral lovers would really enjoy this. 

Greeeeeeeen! Of course, there are the floral notes, but I love the greeeeeeen! Like bruised bright leaves.

After everything settles, and the dry down has made up its mind, the daffodil and peony are most present, held aloft on a light bed of greeeeeen.

Got this in the mail from the lab yesterday.

Wet: GREEEEEEEN EXPLOSION! Very aptly described.

Dry:  No real difference between wrists.  This is absolutely an explosion of everything springtime.  I'd liken it to going to a nursery after they've watered: it's cool, things are not sopping wet but the sweet of the green bits is still there and the flowers are fragrant.  They're not overpowering or as overwhelming as they might be when it's hot and dry like they've been baking all day.  Does that make sense?

That's a lot of words to say I'm huffing myself.

In the bottle, this is a jolt of pure spring. This is so green, it almost smells citrusy or carbonated. Like Sprite, but leaves and grass, if that makes sense. I get a whole blitz of spring flowers initially and I can pick out tulips and daffodils for sure. The initial throw is surprisingly strong, even though it tones down very quickly. Dry, this still has a nice wash of green under all those flowers. I can smell peony very late in the dry down; I'm not familiar enough with star magnolia to pick it out. What a beautiful, naturalistic floral! 

I'm truly going to miss this one honestly.

I still have a bit left from my bottle.

This was the most PERFECT scent of a fresh bouquet of flowers I've ever smelled in my entire life. 

Fresh cut stems, leaves and petals all in one!

The most luscious spring conflagration I've ever smelled. 

Like walking into a florist shop 💐

Edited by Prince Of Hearts