Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Fontium

A cascade of gentle blessings that fosters renewal, peace of mind, and tranquility. An oil of new beginnings, fresh starts, and rebirth.

This formula includes star anise, agrimony, birch bark, balm of gilead, borage, frankincense, and lavender.

Wearing this for the first time today.  Truly gorgeous.  I'm getting a resinous, spicy, yet uplifting background overlaid with healing flowers and herbs.

ETA: Never mind. Magic words after 3 days on the lam across town: Out For Delivery. 

Edited by JazzieCazzie

Fontium is a sweetie. 
My initial impression is akin to those bottle cap candies, a powdery soda-esque scent, with a touch of cooling minty note. 
The star anise gains some ground and makes it a bit more interesting in the first stage of drydown.
Then, comes the magic. The resins start to sparkle and there’s an almost citrusy brightness combining with a lovely sweetness and the herbal edge. I feel like this scent will be even more a stunner with age. 

My mood today has been pretty pleasant, though I didn’t sleep well last night, so tired. 
When I put on Fontium, though, I felt much brighter and more excited to go do some work, some connecting, something more energetic than just the usual pace. 
My partner says this is the scent he wants to smell after a yoga class. Bringing peaceful clarity. 

I’m glad to enjoy to scent as well as feeling the effects! A lovely boost. 

Edit~ I’m getting strong minty vibes now, I’m assuming from the birch bark... still similar to powdery candies like those mint Lifesavers combined with Bottle Caps. It’s definitely bringing a tranquility. A fresh-breath-of-air candy, cooling and satisfying to huff.

Edited by artisjok

I still haven't reviewed this?  Of all the new TALs from the pandemic era, this is the one that felt like it was made for me.  I love anything with anise in it, and I am all about new beginnings, every single day.  This has been a mainstay for more than a year now.  It has a wonderfully uplifting rootbeer smell that brings whiffs of happy childhood memories (I would have guessed there was sassafras or sarsaparilla in this), with some depth from the frankincense and other herbs.  The bottle is sitting by my computer so I tend to use it a lot while working, mainly just because I enjoy the scent.  I would happily wear this as perfume (and have) but it does also have a quality of lightening my load.  Sometimes I just take the cap off and inhale deeply.