Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Beeswax, Lavender & Acacia Honey

When this first arrived a few days ago, all I got from the bottle was the honey. I let it settle for a few days, and it made a difference. The lavender and beeswax became more noticeable from the bottle sniff.

On my skin, the honey remains the star, accompanied by a sweet lavender. It's a golden, syrup-y, sugary honey, like honey with little sugar crystals in it. I think it may be most reminiscent of the honey in Harlow's Lace, but I'd have to do a side-by-side comparison to be sure.

The beeswax in this is not the type from The Light's of Men's Lives, and it doesn't really become noticeable on me until after several hours of wear. And even then, it is not a main player. But that may be because it melds so nicely with the honey?

If you are looking for that kind of beeswax, you might be disappointed. But if you are looking for a really nice honeyed lavender, you will probably enjoy this. 

I like this a lot more than C%^T, which also features honey and lavender, but different varieties.

A keeper for sure! 

The initial play of this on my skin is a joyful burst of herbal lavender soaked to sweetness in a balsamic and sugar-crunchy honey. This is a sort of floral-balsamic golden honey that almost needs reheating, because of the sugar formations, but can be spread one more time. Actually, I think with the beeswax, this makes me think of chewy, sugary honeycomb.

Lavender and sugary, balsamic, honeyed honeycomb. Yum.

Sugary honeyed lavender, and a whiff of acacia. So much sugar and honey in this. Great throw and wear length.

Honey is probably my best and favourite note and honey blends are normally a sure bet, so I was surprised when this went so sideways on me. It takes on the same high pitched, burning, on the razor’s edge of pee tone that make caramel and brown sugar not work for me. Maybe it’s the beeswax? 

Edited by LadyLuckless

This one reminds me of Storge, another lavender/honey combo I love. This starts off a bit astringent/herbal, I'm guessing because the honey is acacia honey. But it tones down pretty fast into a floral honey with just a bit of kick. The beeswax backs up the other notes and gives them a pleasant waxy chewiness (lol, I don't know how to describe it, obviously). Anyway, I'm digging it. It also reminds me a little of Sucreabeille's Beekeeper's Daughter, but this is heavier on the sweet honey than the herbs.

Edit: Yeah, okay, even though I already have a bottle of Storge I had to full size this. *ignores the sound of wallet complaining* Apparently honey + lavender is another weakness of mine.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

Oh, this is lovely. The sweetness balances that herbal astringency so that this blend feels spoon-thick, like a lavender honeycomb pudding. Yaaasssssss.

This starts out as a very true herbal, somewhat astringent lavender, with just a hint of honey. This honey's different from the BPAL honey note I'm used to, but I might just be having trouble differentiating it from the beeswax. As time goes on, the honey sweetness amps up, but it's more like crystallized honey or honeycomb -- again, distinct from the BPAL honey note I'm used to. The end result is that honeycomb scent over a backdrop of very herbal lavender. I'm not sure if I need a full bottle of this, but hanging on to my decant.

My new favorite, flat-out orgasmic. Thick, rich, bold, not-too-sweet, sun-warmed, overpowering honey (just the way I like it) and cool, sharp lavender. The beeswax is a light background note, holding it together. Bought 2 bottles so far, likely to get another. Can't praise it enough.

ok so, i had a bit of a journey with this one, and now i finally feel like i can give it a fair review. beeswax and honey are two of my favorite notes, and combined with lavender it just sounded lovely. i was really disappointed when i got it and, fresh from the mail, it was.... candied yams. dead ringer, candied yams. i felt like i was at thanksgiving dinner. regardless of whether or not candied yams smell good or would make a good perfume, it just wasn't at all what i was expecting or wanted from this. after a week or so of letting it settle closed on my shelf, the lavender came out, sharp and herbal. but it was still candied yams, just with sharp and herbal lavender now. i could tell the scent had potential but at this point it was not something i could ever see myself wearing and enjoying. i'd heard of people sort of force-aging bottles by leaving them open, and i figured i had nothing to lose. so i left it open for a few days, with the rest of my bottles in a shaded area at room-temp. i would check in on it periodically and when that sickly sweet but weirdly savory brown sugar candied yam smell was gone, i put the lid back on. now, NOW, it's gorgeous. it's herbal honey, sweet and fresh and rich and of the earth. the honey note is similar to Honey HG, and they pair wonderfully together. the beeswax gives it a backbone that keeps it from being sickly sweet (like O turns on me, for some reason.) NOW i'm getting the scent i expected when i ordered it. this is the first BPAL i've ever force-aged like this, and it worked in this case when i was chalking the bottle up as a loss anyway.

Sugared honey! Lavender shows up but it doesn't take over, thankfully. I love this so much I want to marry it. Or buy multiple bottles. Which I'm no longer allowed to do, because I have never in my life finished a bottle or even gotten it down below label. (Truly a dabber).  This is indeed orgasmic. It's the type of blend that keeps me wondering how the Lab can create such magical scents, that don't smell like perfume so much as they evoke an experience, time after time and year after year. 

Oops, I neglected to review this, so this is retrospective, but I swapped it away because I unexpectedly amped the acacia, which drowned out the lovely beeswax on me and made this more of a high-pitched honeyed floral.  I'm glad so many other people are loving it!

it went on and immediately smelled like potpourri. bleh. it's now a very sweet floral honey with hints of lovely honey beeswax smell, but it's still too potpourri for me. i think i'd rather get this type of scent from pairing O with my lavender roll-on.

it's such a nice bright honey-wax scent, much more light and "champagne" honey than the thick rich sweetness i get from O. i WANT it to be faintly herbal. but i'm just not getting any herbal, and i'm not getting any lavender either. unless that's what that fake floral smell is supposed to be.

i'll leave the decant to age and settle a bit, although i did wait a week to try it after getting my package. it sounds like the sweet note is what is going too much for other folks and is aging better, so i have concern that it won't settle the way i want it to.