Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Neko No Koi Hair Gloss

Ooh this is nice. I get mostly sweet, sticky, true-to-life, non-funky honey, and a dusting of dry, fragrant clove. A lovely combination.

Sticky honey amber, and dusty clove. Oddly enough, I get an almost silky fur impression, and its definitely Shunga-esque. For those of you who would love to smell like cat fur.

This is my favorite of all the Luper hair glosses I've tried so far (enough that I'm seriously considering upgrading my bottle). If you love honey and tonka, or gently gourmand scents in general, I can't recommend this enough! It has that lightly spiced sweetness of clove honey, that gets rounded out by the toasted-nut/vanilla of the tonka. 

It's a simple scent that doesn't morph much, but it's extremely warm and comforting -- its a soft, summer day of scent that I just wanna snuggle up in.

Edited by Kytha

Disclaimer: I tried sprayed this on my hand and on a paper towel to test it, because I was not sure if this was the type of honey I'd want in my hair for two days in a row.

Neko No Koi is honey like WHOA. It's a very sticky, rich sort of honey, somewhat reminiscent of the honey from of Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids. Sadly, I did not pick up any clove, amber, or tonka, and I am not sure if I would have gotten those notes if I had applied it to my hair, as I also wasn't getting them from the decant at all.

I'm glad I got to try it, but this one is not for me. I prefer the varieties of honey found in Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid-Orgies, The Sharing of the Cake Between the Lion and the Unicorn, and The White Bees Swarming to this one. I wish I had gotten some clove from this and could smell what other people are getting.

Edited by doomsday_disco

So I tested this without reading the notes. It smelled like sweet spicy florals (?) to me. I thought maybe it had carnation it in, giving it the spicy vibe, and definitely some vanilla. After reviewing the notes, it's now obvious to me I was misinterpreting the clove for carnation and the honey-dusted amber is the warm, sweet floral note I was getting. The tonka gave me the vanilla vibe. This is a really nice scent. Its scent but not foody and the spicy clove gives it just enough kick to keep it interesting. 

Neku No Koi is all thick viscous honey to me. There’s a slight spice from clove, but it’s been thoroughly conquered. 
If you love love honey, don’t miss out! 
I was generously PIFed a decant, and I’m glad to have it to pair with the remaining Moonglow bath oil I have. It would also work well with scents like Zoe and the Goat or The Eternal Virgin. 

Edited by artisjok

Honey, honey, and honey.
Did I say honey?

Honey and a musky floral (someone above said carnation, and I agree), if you are a honey lover this is for you.

that is a very thick, rich honey. at first it's almost maple-y. it smells like baklava to me. after awhile i think i sense some amber but this is overwhelmingly a super sweet, thick honey and not much else. if you like a foody, sweet honey, this one is for you. personally i prefer a more floral beeswax-y honey so this one will go to my swap list.

For me this is a THICK sticky pungent honey at first. tobacco-honey. it's not buckwheat honey but it's very gloopy and ultra-sweet. the faintest hint of the toasted vanilla-ish of the tonka in the background. that scent lasts a few hours and then the honey tones itself WAY down and you get the tonka and the sweet soft golden muskiness of the amber. vague wafts of the clove drift in and out, and i agree with the "cat fur" comment. cat fur warmed from basking in the sun. once the sticky tobacco-honey wears off, the rest of the scent lasts for DAYS. it's glorious.

ETA: apparently i had forgotten that i had already tried this.

still S T I C K Y pungent sweet when applied. bit of a turn off. but i'm glad i came and read my review, cause now i know it'll tone down and smell really nice for a long time.

Edited by sunreon