Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Hotaru No Yu Hair Gloss

A soft glow illuminating the dusk: a somber variegated sunset sky of deep lilac, moonlit jasmine, and honeysuckle, the scent of damp grass, and a glimmer of pale amber.

This is a beautiful spring floral scent---like a rain-soaked garden. I get lots of fresh lilac and a touch of honeysuckle nectar. I'm going to need a bottle of this one. ❤️ 

Lilac lovers rejoice.  Creamy lilac over white floral jasmine. The honey suckle just adds to the general dewiness of the blend. This is very pretty and floral.  I'm not getting anything soapy, but I do get a hint of something slightly chemical.  Like a faint hair spray smell. Hopefully, that will settle out with time. It's still pleasant though, even with it, and lovely for spring.  It feels very Eastery to me. 

On my hair this is mostly jasmine.  It starts with a lilac/ jasmine cloud, but the lilac rapidly fades into the background.  I don't detect any honeysuckle, but it might be what's helping calm the lilac.  It's gorgeous and a definite bottle buy! 

oh, this is definitely lilac. it's definitely sweeter and more floral than Salt Phoenix, and I sense a bit of creaminess from the amber, but overall it's a very pretty springtime floral that I need a bottle of, sooner rather than later. 

I am a bit wary of jasmine, but love lilac and honeysuckle, so I had to grab this before it came down. The jasmine comes out in a heady blast, but quickly steps aside for gorgeous lush lilac and honeysuckle. I think the grass and amber sweeten the scent in a non-floral direction, but the lilac is definitely at the forefront. The initial strength of the scent does not last, but is still detectable for a while when I smell my hair. This will be perfect for springtime.

Very lilac, in the best way. Right away I get clean, fresh lilac with jasmine. I’m not super aware of the grass note as such but there is definitely some green in there keeping this bouquet smelling real. The honeysuckle brings a little extra sweetness after the initial lilac blast. I adore jasmine everywhere, but because I really do love dirty, skanky jasmine, I am noticing the lilac much more here. I can pick out the major florals but they harmonize too. Then...waiting for it...I finally got the amber note. My little bias is that a lot of amber smells to me are partway between animalic and resinous, and this was true for me here. Honestly this kind of amber note always reminds me of sweet, dry saliva, like an old woodwind case, in a good, better-than-real way. 

This was very fresh, dewy flowers to me. The amber coming through after the barely-there indoles brings it back to skin, perfume instead of a still life of a bouquet...kissing? I only really get the full amber when really sniffing my hair, the wafts I’m getting are pure fresh lilac with jasmine and honeysuckle as accessories, and the wet, green impression of stems. Super lovely. 

Lilac, jasmine, and twilight. This smells darkly purple floral, and as if you were essentially in sitting on a porch on a summer's night on a Southern plantation (never been, but this is what I imagine it smells like).