Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Golden Amber, Cacao, and Tonka Bean Hair Gloss

This is an amazing blend! Rich chocolate sweetened with tonka and amber. It has a milk chocolate vibe to me, but like expensive, fancy milk chocolate, something that would come wrapped in gold leaf. I sampled my sister's bottle, but might have to grab one for myself at some point before the Lupers come down.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

Mm, this is gorgeous! The amber, cacao, and tonka bean are all at the forefront and blend  into a rich, resiny chocolate dessert. It's not too gourmandy, I love that the lab's cacao note is dry rather than overly sweet. And the tonka bean note is delightful.

This is warm with just a smidgen of spice around the edges, and inviting, even a little sexy.

Chocolate, lots of amber, and smige of tonka. This is mainly a cocoa-amber smell to me. The cocoa dissipates a little, but the amber has a ton of staying power. Warm, sexy, not too foodie.

Wet: A little bit spiced, like a cocoa-dusted cookie.

Dry: Smoky, perfumy amber jumps in. Wow, this one is super strong.

Drydown: waxy, perfumy amber. Getting a distinct cotton note here, as well.

This is really pretty and warm -- it smells like a very specific blend of caramel hot cocoa powder that Land o'Lakes makes to me. I use it when my hair is wet, and by the time it dries it's faint to gone, so it's definitely not too cloying or heavy as a foodie/chocolate scent!