Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

White Tea and Black Cherry Hair Gloss

Oh. I like you.

First spritz, I get a STRONG blast of black cherry! Borderline candy-like. No white tea here at all. Black cherry, in your face.

When it dries in the hair, I can finally smell the white tea while the black cherry note calms down. It's about 50/50 black cherry and white tea, and it's quite nice... and also has me craving some cherry tea now. 

Strong black cherry, and white tea as the base. This is a nice airy, sweet black cherry. Breezy, sweet, spring like. Delicious.

I tested this in dry hair.

On the initial spray, I got a blast of black cherry that kept making me think of cherry lozenges. But it wasn't long before the astringent white tea note emerged to help tame the cherry. Then I ended up smelling the white tea first. But the cherry, although softer, didn't pull a disappearing act like cherry tends to do.

Sadly, I couldn't shake the lozenge association whenever I sniffed my hair, so this one is not for me. I can't comment on how long it lasts aside from at least four hours... that's when I washed it out and doused myself in Cabbage White Caterpillar. But it was still going strong by that point, and I feel like most cherry notes fade in the hair long before then.

I guess I prefer sweeter cherry scents, but if you are looking to try a cherry hair gloss that doesn't go almond or isn't fleeting, this is worth a shot.

I'm going to stick with Dragon Bouffant for a sugary cherry fix, though.

White tea with a slight sweetness, and classic black cherry.  Not teenage maraschino cherry, but sophisticated, older sister black cherry.  Each component gets a chance to shine in this blend, nothing overpowers the other.