Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Sweet Amber and Cherry Liqueur Hair Gloss

True to notes, with a refreshingly carbonated kick. Definitely check this out if you're a fan of cherry and amber! Medium throw/wear.

Note: I tested this on my arm and on a... Chipotle napkin, because I was not sure I'd want this in my hair for two days in a row.

It starts off with a black cherry note that is reminiscent of the cherry layer of a cherry tootsie pop, but then it quickly morphs into CHERRY LIQUEUR and sparkling amber. I think it may be the same amber featured in Alleviate the Frenzy. It's not one of those sweet, golden ambers that I love. I get more cherry from the napkin than I do on me -- the napkin is stronger on the cherry liqueur, while my skin is bringing out more of that sparkling amber.

I will stick with Dragon Bouffant HG for my cherry fix, but I am glad I got to try this. :) 

Cherry liquor, right off the bat! There's something very fizzy-like here, reminiscent of a champagne type of scent(just minus the champagne scent itself; only the fizzy bubbles here). 

When it dries, I can finally smell the amber, but the cherry liquor disappeared? It smells like fizzy amber now. 

Wet stage no amber, dry stage no cherry. Well then. 😐 

Lovely!  This reminds me of sweet pie cherries in their red gel-goo.  The amber tames it down a bit and keeps it from becoming total cherry insanity.

i received a frimp of this and am testing on my arm. very strong cherry liqueur at first and does remind me of cough drops a bit. after awhile i get the amber which tampers down the sweet booziness a bit. i swear i get something a bit spicy later. nice if you love cherry, but personally too sweet for me.