Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Maraschino Cherry Buttercream Hair Gloss

Straight up this is strong, almondy Maraschino Cherry. Unfortunately, like most of the oils, that initial blast softens fast to a light creamy almondy scent. I'll still use it, and wear it, as it's a favorite scent for me. I will layer it with Ghoulish and Yipe perfumes.

Love this! It's a pretty strong sweet cherry when wet, but it softens considerably as it dries. It really does smell like cherry buttercream to me, noticeable in my hair but not cloying. 

As described, this is thick, syrupy maraschino cherries with a hint of fresh tartness (like artisanal maraschino cherries—not like the saccharine mass-produced ones), with a slick of rich buttercream.

Goes on strong, smelling just like maraschino cherries. Unfortunately, on me, my skin sucks up the cherry, and it really doesn't last long. I'd say I get about an hour of light cherry buttercream smell, and then it's totally gone.

First spirtz, maraschino cherry buttercream smells like.. well... maraschino cherry buttercream. A slight hint of almonds as well. The cherries are more on the artificial smelling side; like sniffing them straight from a jar where they're suspended in syrup.

It goes a bit plastic-y in my hair as it dries, which unfortunately doesn't make this a winner for me.

Note: I tested this on a paper towel and on the back of my hand, and not in my hair.

This starts off strong on the maraschino cherry, but once that calms down, it becomes a soft cherry-swirled buttercream. The buttercream isn't super distinct as such, but more like a jar of frosting you would buy at a grocery store.

Unfortunately, this one becomes very light rather quickly, on me as well as the paper towel, which makes me think it is the scent itself not wanting to stick around, and not my skin eating it.

I'm glad I got to try this, but Dragon Bouffant reigns supreme as far as cherry hair glosses go.

I don't get a lot of buttercream, but there is a deep, soulful cherry scent (without the cough syrupiness).  This smells WONDERFUL on my arms!  Sweet, warm cherry.