Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Spectral Erection Hair Gloss

Ugh, this is a delicious citrusy green tea with a hint of ambergris and moss. It's soft, green, and citrusy. Bright, and very Spring-like. This one is a lot of fun. Lovely orange blossom note.

I'm a sucker for green tea blends. Spectral Erection sucker-punched me into an early blind bottle. Why yes, I will take one ghostly boner!

This smells like no BPAL I've ever smelled like before. The closest I can come is Zombie Green HG, which is a dark green and vaguely swampy/weedy chypre. Spectral Erection is an electric green chypre that bursts out of the bottle with explosive power, both whiffing the uncapped lid and once sprayed on the hair. The moss and ambergris are incredibly potent, overwhelmingly so to my nose. They sound earthy, but in reality they zing with bright green ferocity and zip right up my nose and to the back of my throat. I get no white amber, the barest hint of florals, and no green tea other than, perhaps, the kind of matcha powder that might indeed contribute to the one-two punch of that ambergris and pale moss.

I picture this on an older Southern gentleman, one who chomps on cigars and runs a newspaper office and writes all the checks. It's not even cologney, with all the implications of Aqua and Axe; no, it's old-old-old school men's wear. And it is SO STRONG and lasts SO LONG. (If you have a Spectral Erection lasting more than four hours, call your perfumer?)

Alas, I ended up getting massive headaches everytime I smelled or (only one time) tested it. So, sadly, this phantom penis is getting the boot.

wow, this is gorgeous upon first spray! i get a beautiful neroli note, green tea and some amber. so perfect for spring. the neroli is SO pretty and the green tea sweetens it up nicely. i think i will have to get more of this! 

This reminds me of our winter vacations in Florida when I was a little girl.  All that's missing is orange water!  I love green tea scents, and this one is herbal but not bracing.