Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Party Tricks Hair Gloss

Gorgeous. Light, pink and feminine without smelling like  Bath and Bodyworks spray. It doesn't last long in my hair, but it definitely freshens it up.

I agree with Nepthys: sweet, pink and feminine but also airy and light. Not too sweet. It doesn't last long in my hair, either, but I am still tempted to get a back-up. It's wonderful.

This is gorgeous, but super light. I like my HGs with a bit more oomph. Sweet and pink, but not too heavy on the strawberry.

Uhm...mine is lasting quite a while? Sorry guys 😕

Ultimate pink scent. Less viscous and foody than Velvet Pink Kitty but not hairspray pink or floral pink like Hime Gyaru or Lady in Speckled Pink Kimono or Right Atrium. Foody and juicy but clear without being crystalline. Does that make sense?

Tis my new favorite pink. I want it in every medium and I want to live inside Party Tricks permanently.

It's lasting on my skin.  Haven't tried it in my hair yet. 

Creamy, sweet strawberry similar to the one in Rope Pulley but less in your face confection.  The amber and chypre make this a bit more complex, but it's still very pink and sweet.  It's soft and creamy in the dry down, but more like a mossy smoothness than a foodie "creme."  Lovely. 

Note: I tested this on my arm and on a paper towel, as I wasn't sure I wanted something with a strawberry note in my hair for two days. I'll update in the future if I have a different scent experience in my hair.

I swapped for this on a whim. I initially passed over this due to the strawberry note, but I have been really enjoying some Lupers this year that weren't originally on my radar, so I thought I'd give this a go.

This starts off smelling like strawberry Starburst. Which is fine by me! The pink amber and chypre emerge after a little bit and add a touch of sophistication to the scent. I get far more amber and chypre (especially the moss in the chypre, since I amp moss) on my skin than I do on the paper towel. I believe the dried red fruits note may be dried currants. They linger behind these notes, and again, are more noticeable on my skin than on the paper towel I sprayed with the hair gloss. After a while, the rice milk joins in and makes the scent creamier. The sugar is also noticeable, but it is stronger on the paper towel than it is on my arm. Although this smells different on my arm and on the paper towel, I like both ways the scent turned out. :P 

Verdict: I am actually pleasantly surprised by this one. :D I wouldn't have expected to enjoy something with strawberry juice listed as the first note, but this is really pretty. I plan on keeping my decant to pair with scents like Pink Moon, Pink Amber and Peony, and Vasilissa. I may even end up grabbing more of this depending on how it fares in my hair!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Sweet strawberry sugar, fruity chypre and a whiff of amber. This is the strawberry sugar hair gloss. If you love strawberries and sugar, this is a must. Sweet, sugary, strawberries.

Ohhh, this is pretty! A warm, sweet, creamy, strawberry chypre scent. (When I say "sweet" it's more a general sweetness, not anything candy-like.)

I agree with previous reviews - this is a very "pink" scent, and will probably appeal to a lot of people. It's easy to wear, and I could see this pairing with a LOT of different perfumes.

The only downfall is it doesn't last too long in the hair. I'd say it's gone after about 3-4 hours.

This was initially a light smelling scent to me, but on my skin it's warm, ripe, red fruits.  There's a haze of strawberry, but not straight-up fresh strawberry.  The pink amber gives it a little bit of a soft perfume-y scent.

Strawberry amber chypre. Refreshing, airy, and not too sweet. Kind of a lighter fragrance after it dries, but it lasts for a long time in my hair.

Probably not the best time to be reviewing a hair gloss since I cut most of my hair off, but I'll try to review this anyway. It's a sweet strawberry milk blend with some chypre and a powdery sugar. I couldn't pick out the amber or dried fruits. The strawberry is the strongest note along with the chypre.

I really like it, this is going to be great during the summer. If you have Gen Z Feminist Cenobite, I'm sure this would pair nicely with that since they both have chypre. I wish I got some of the fried fruits or amber, but this is still fantastic as it is.

This one is so much fun, and a must-have if you like the Lab's strawberry note.  Getting strawberry candy as the main note, tamed by the milky notes and chypre.  It sounds like it would be heavy, but in fact it's light and reminds me of a more sophisticated version of a "kid perfume."  I wish I had bought another bottle of this because I am layering ALL the Strawberry Things with this one.