Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Kabuki Actor and Their Lover Hair Gloss

I was expecting a heavy spring floral, and while it is floral forward, the lilac and cherry blossoms are lovely, Kabuki Actor and Their Lover was also a nice surprise.

To my nose, the white musk and incense smoke are light, but quite forward, making this more complex. The champaca is very soft, I'm having trouble picking it out. I wasn't sure what amber embers would smell like, but I think the slightly smoky, warm amber blends in with the incense smoke to create a lovely resiny layer, not overpowering.

This turned out to be a unique and complex shunga hair gloss that's perfect for spring, and would be a beautiful gateway floral for people who are a little afraid of heavy florals and prefer incense. So glad I got to try this and nose it out, it's beautiful!

This kind of smells like fancy shampoo to me - elegant and pleasantly floral, but also a bit soapy. I haven't rested my decant yet though, so I'll update if it changes. 

i get mostly white musk, cherry blossoms, and incense smoke. i expected the lilac to be stronger though, it's pretty subtle. after several minutes it's like a cherry blossom incense. this is so pretty, a favorite of this year's lupers so far. i'd love this as an atmo spray too. 💓

Edited by theseagrows

Lilac, cherry blossoms, a whiff of musk and amber. This is a very lilac-cherry blossom scent to me. Floral, but with enough other stuff to give it some real depth and oomph.

Note: I tested this by spraying it on a paper towel and on my arm, instead of testing it in my hair, since I wasn't sure I'd want my hair to smell like this for two days in a row when it is above 100 degrees.

Kabuki Actor and Their Lover runs out of the gate screaming CHAMPACA. Then it is like, no wait, LILAC. Then the cherry blossom is like, MY TURN. It smells like a champaca incense and floral scent, sometimes with the lilac being more noticeable, and sometimes, the cherry blossom. The champaca is stronger on the paper towel than it is on me, fortunately. The spot on my arm where I applied this ends up smelling like cherry blossom incense after several hours of wear.

Verdict: I'm glad I got a chance to try this one because of the cherry blossom and lilac, but I wish the champaca weren't a main player. It's not something I could really see myself wearing, but if you're looking for an incense-y floral hair gloss, give this one a whirl.