Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Hashigo-Nori Hair Gloss

If I had to describe this gloss in one word it would be: dry. I’m getting a bit of a powdery vibe when it first goes on; it almost reminds me of rice powder or orris but not quite.

Scent-wise, the gloss is mostly dry sandalwood rounded out with vanilla. The rose petals eventually come out but do not dominate.

Overall, powdery dry resins meet subtle roses. A bit old lady but elegant about it.

At first spray this is quite ‘old lady,’ indistinguishable notes, a dried melange of florals.

While drying, a certain spice makes its appearance. I don’t get any vanilla in the sweet sense. Some antique smelling sandalwood with a richness to it, overlaid by dried rose petals. 

A white laced young woman in a fantasy film like Legend would smell like this. Mystery and allure, purity. 

Wow, this rose is a powerful one!

I'm getting the bold and heavy rose that I find in Peacock Queen mixed with a deep sandalwood. I don't get a lot of vanilla, but I can but I can tell it's there making the blend more rich and smoothing out the acrid notes that can come from a rose this powerful. I get a bit of the bourbon from the bourbon sandalwood but it is blended in so well that it doesn't stand alone as it's own note. Oddly enough, this one didn't go powdery on me.

If you like a powerful rose that sticks around, I would suggest this one for you.
The sandalwood is a rich note and the vanilla bean smooths out the blend without making it too sweet.

right off it seems like a rose soliflore, but it's not a dried rose at all, to me. it's a dark pink or red rose, rich and almost fully blossomed. there's a tiny bit of sandalwood in the background that really compliments this rose. for awhile this actually smells a lot like one of my favorite montale perfumes so i am kind of delighted about the idea of getting some of this to layer underneath. after being on the skin about 20-30 minutes the rose gets less...rosy and the sandalwood is equally dominant now. the vanilla is just a subtle background player here. a pretty rose, smells like a more modern version of a classic scent. 

Edited by theseagrows

To me, this smells like mellow roses & moss. It reminds me of the Forsaken Rose Garden Atmosphere spray. I'm not getting the sandalwood or vanilla at all. I may try applying it with a lighter hand next time in case the roses are overwhelming the other notes & will report back if it makes a difference.