Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Hagoromo-No-Taki Hair Gloss

I ran a decant circle this year, and this one sold out, but I will be buying my own bottle to hoard covetously.  This is super lovely.  Just a hint of sandalwood to the cream, maybe a titch of orris, but mostly, this is the cream in La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde and Coupling Women without the jasmine.  It's definitely got a gourmand vibe, but stops short of smelling like strait up vanilla frosting.  I  think it will pair gorgeously with a lot of other fragrances, making it versatile in the HG wardrobe.  

Comparing it to Pickle (A gleaming vanilla cream poof of coconut with a hint of tiare) and Vigourous Dragon Hugs (Burnt marshmallows, sweet almond, coconut milk, caramelized benzoin, and smoked vanilla) ...  Well... it doesn't.  This is it's own thing.  There's not the candy vibe going on here like in VDH and there's a lot more creamy thickness than in Pickle.  Vanilla cream lovers, check it out.  I'd almost call this a single note.

Edited by VetchVesper

This is a deliciously creamy coconut-vanilla scent. The sandalwood and orris are a soft, powdery backup for the main players.

It kind of reminds me of Mexican coconut candy, which I love.

Like VetchVesper said above, this is light enough to pair with a wide variety of scent combos.

Just delicious-smelling and perfect for summer coming up for those of us in the Northern hemisphere.

Disclaimer: I tested this on my hand as well as a paper towel, because I was sure I wouldn't want this in my hair for two days in a row.

Someone sent me a tester of this in a swap. It was something I originally skipped over, since orris and I are enemies, and I do not gravitate towards coconut scents. Upon arrival, it was screechy in the imp, and a little funky. I think it may be the combination of the orris and the sugar cane doing that.

It remains very high-pitched on the paper towel: perfume-y sugar and orris with cream soda-like vanilla.

On my skin, it is much better, which is something I did not expect since orris and I are not friends. I get the cream soda-like Tahitian vanilla the strongest. There is only a hint of coconut. The sugar is present, but more more behaved. Even the powdery orris is behaving as it mingles with the dusty white sandalwood. It's kind of like Volcano in Springtime, but with orris instead of lotus, and a different vanilla note. You can tell it is a Shunga scent for sure.

This is not something I need more of, as I already have and love Antique Lace HG and Boo HG and could not see myself reaching for this one over those, but it is worth a try for those searching for a creamy vanilla hair gloss.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Sugary coconut and vanilla. This smells tropical. If you wanted lush, summer time tropical hair, give this a whirl. It reminds me alot to the Native Coconut and Vanilla body wash/gel you find in Target. Its a heavy coconut and vanilla smell.

I agree, this smells tropical.  Strong coconut,  which I must admit I was hoping for because I love coconut.  Mixed with vanilla and sugar it is a lovely sweet summer scent.  It is more of a high, light scent if that makes sense.  There’s something slightly perfumey in there.  Not foodie in the slightest.  I think I will get a lot of use out of it this summer!

Like all things sweet, on me this is all sugar cloud at 50 paces.

DigitalMom found this offputting at first--too sweet.  After it dried down, she enjoyed the creamy vanilla coconut sandalwood goodness that happened.  She has taken my tester hostage.

at the beginning, i get coconut cream and sugar cane and i swear there is a tiny tiny hint of tiare or some tropical flower, even though it isn't listed. but maybe it's a combination of notes doing that. it definitely has a tropical feel regardless. and honestly, it's not as sweet as i thought it would be, thankfully.  however over time the coconut cream really amps up on me and it gets very sweet and just a bit plasticky. i think a lot of people would like this. it's a nice gourmand, but too sweet for me.

This is SO PRETTY.  Big fan of BPAL's coconut and vanilla scents, so no surprise that I like Hagoromo No Taki, but it's less of a foodie-comfort scent and more of an elegant perfume with sweet leanings. It has an unexpected floral vibe, raising the warm, round, creamy notes up just a step or two in pitch. 

I tested a decant, which I mention because the clear decant bottle allowed me to see that this hair gloss is prone to some oil separation. If you have the dark Lab bottle, don't forget to shake shake shake it up.

I blind bottled this scent and I'm so glad I did -- it is a very elegant, warm tropical scent. Creamy, lightly sweet, absolutely heavenly, and lingers for daaaayyyysssss. I wash my hair about once every five days or so, and usually apply to damp hair before I dry it. I can still catch faint whiffs of it days later when I go to wash my hair again, definitely lots of staying power! It definitely has a dirty vibe underneath the coconut and vanilla and sugar - you can tell it's a Shunga for sure. Also will likely get you laid 😂 I will cherish my bottle, and may snag a backup for my stash