Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Wooden Puppetry Doll of a Copulating Couple and a Gunpai War Fan Home & Linen Spray

I really like this.  :smile:  The bamboo and fig give it a very fresh, green feel.  The fig is sweet, falling somewhere between a floral sweetness and a vegetal one.  It reminds me a little of snapped snow peas.  Last year's Tales from the Brushwood Fence had a similar greeness, but that one smelled soapy to me.  I think the other notes in Wooden Puppetry ground it and keep that from happening.  After a bit, the vanilla, patchouli, and oak start to emerge and it develops a gentle woodiness under the sweet fig and bamboo.  This feels bright and uplifting.  Glad to keep a decant. 

As a side note, it's doing a very good job of covering up the stench my foul (but beloved) cat beast made in his litter box, so, I'm officially impressed.    

I thought this would be my favorite of the three atmos sprays I tried, but something in it seems to make me sneeze. Still a pleasant fragrance but not one I'll be keeping.

I don't usually atmo. But when I saw this notes list, I knew I had to sample it, at least. (When you see a blend that gives that "made for you" feeling.)

I liked the sample so much, I did bottle it.

I get mainly green bamboo, green fig, and black silk from it, with a little vanilla husk (which does smell dry and husk-like) and patchouli. The oak is a gentle presence of woody warmth.

The "black silk" has an almost perfume quality, but without any of musk's intrusive tendencies. It does also remind me of a light fabric. It's not like the wool or cotton notes; it's more sophisticated.

This is very Shunga.

Fig, bamboo, over oak, silk, and a whiff of vanilla. This smells fresh, clean, and sophisticated. Like a fancy boudouir. Love it.

A fresh green figgy scent, wrapped in silk, with wooden undercurrents and a touch of vanilla. 
It’s definitely hitting the spot for me. I’ve been craving good fig scents, and this is a lovely refined addition to my atmosphere sprays.
Very much fits with the Shunga line, too. I can see this being the scent of an elegant courtesan’s room. The windows thrown open to let in the breeze, and the neighbor fig tree singing its sweet fruity song to her beauty as she reclines on silken sheets.

Stunning fig compilation! 
A perfume oil version would have me on my knees. 

When I spray this, I get fig, sweet oak, and a touch of silk. But on the paper towel I sprayed this on for a test, I also get a lot of the silk and a nice vanilla along with it. The bamboo adds a green quality to the scent.

Sophisticated, indeed! I'm not big on fig scents, but this one is quite nice. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is super lovely, the vanilla and patchouli in this are the main ones I can spot without looking at the notes. The fig took a while for me to detect, but it blends in well with the bamboo and other notes. One of my favorites atmospheric sprays, but I'd rather get this as a perfume oil.