Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Ehon Warai Jogo Bath Oil

This is lovely! A beautiful peach scent for spring. It’s definitely white peach—kinda nectarine-ish and not super ripe. The honey and cream are not overwhelming or cloying—they lend a sort of nectar sweetness. At times I get a whiff of something that is almost bubblegummy. Beautiful.

Bubblegum. So much creamy, pink bubblegum. All I can smell at first. Then peach bubblegum. 

In the water, I think this might become more peachy, and yes, it's more of a firm fleshed, cleanly sweet nectarine vs. a super fruity, ripe and russet peach.  Oddly, when I go back to smelling the oil strait from the bottle, I get nothing but sweet vanilla cream. I guess my nose is full up on peach. 

This would pair beautifully with Egoyomi, and if you're a fan of one, you should try the other. 

This is a very realistic, firm peach, skin-on. It seems not quite ripe, so not super juicy.
I was hoping for some strong honey and cream, yet I didn’t notice either in the bath. 

I’m glad I only got a decant, because I don’t usually want to smell like a fruit single note. I do appreciate the realism, and will probably hold onto the decant and layer with Castitas. Maybe the honey will emerge from its slumber! 

Thoughts before testing: Josie (magnolia and honeyed peaches) is one of my favorite BPALs of all time, but now that it's discontinued and I'm just about done with my (third!) bottle of it, it's time to find a replacement. I get almost no magnolia, it's a straight up PEACH dripping with honey. So when I saw this bad boy in the Luper lineup, I jumped. All of the notes here are absolute winners on my skin and I'm hoping that this will be a home run. I should note that I use the Lab's bath oils as post-shower moisturizers and not in the actual bath. 

Wet: This is a super realistic, wet, fleshy peach. I absolutely love it at this stage. I don't get any honey or cream and that's ok by me! 

Dry down: The honey and cream start to peek out. Lordy, this is good stuff. It's like Josie but creamier (the magnolia could make her a little sharper than I'd like sometimes) and not as heady. 

Dry: Creamy peaches drizzled in honey. This is absolute perfection.

Final thoughts: This is a worthy successor to Josie, particularly if you weren't crazy about the magnolia. In fact, I might even like this better than Josie. As far as longevity goes, this is a winner too. Using it as a moisturizer gets me a full 8 hours of lightly scented skin and if I try hard enough, I can still smell it by hour 10. This is rocketing up into my top 10.

Verdict: Hoarding.

HNNNNG. THIS IS SO GOOD.

Note: I tested this on my skin, and not in the bath, as I use bath oils as after-shower moisturizers.

This smells like a super realistic, fresh, fuzzy peach. If you're worried about the honey or cream, don't be, as I don't get much of them here (I get hints of them if I sniff up close after several hours of wear, but that's only if I put my nose right to my arm). It's like I have a rubbed a fuzzy peach all over myself. And it is wonderful.

I only got a mini decant of this, so I am going to need to upgrade to a bottle to layer this with all of those DragonCon peaches. Maybe that will get me to wear my peach scents. :P 

Now I am kicking myself for not getting a decant of Egoyomi...

Oh my GODS, this is delicious and beautiful. I don't use these in the bath, rather after bath or shower... And it's like a fresh peach that then is like a peach drizzled in light honey. The cream keeps it from being too sweet, and at least on me is more of a background note. Very peach forward. I would hoard this if I could. It lasts without being headache-inducing or entering a room before me, so bonus points!

Next is to compare this to Egoyomi which I already love at first sniff.

Edited by Thuy