Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Just opening the bottle is like stepping into a wind tunnel of JASMINE BLOWING YOUR HAIR BACK. This is Jasmine Sambac to the max. The whitest of florals, strong strong strong, cream amplifying its megapowers. It overpowers the honey, the vanilla, and of course the sandalwood. A drop of cognac boozes up the joint very faintly with expensive cologny liquor. Trying to detect anything in the jasmine cream maelstrom is a trick and a half, though!

The throw of these Women is massive. It cuts through plastic, through a room, almost through the bottle. You won't need much of this one to be noticed. If you are at all sensitive to jasmine, it'd be wise to give this the sniff test before jumping. This is the jasmine cream that somebody has been searching for. Probably if you liked The Poinsettia Gown from the 2019 Yules and weren't a fan of the rose, you should give Women Copulating a whirl! 

Big. Heady. Indolic. JASMINE. I put on a turn of this oil and my partner, smelling it from across the room, exclaimed how amazing it was. This is the scent of a humid summer night, when you've showered, left the windows open, and you've accepted you will not get cool... nothing left to do but go to bed. The supporting notes to this jasmine don't really come into play for me until the drydown, where the sweet cream is there just enough to meld it into my skin, and the sandalwood and cognac add just a touch of a bookended earthy lift and sepia tinged base. This is not the jasmine ice cream of 
La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde. This is much, much more...it is jasmine personified as women. 

Hmmm... Well,  La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde is actually exactly what came to mind when I smelled this.  This doesn't have the anise, of course, but they're strikingly similar to my nose.  The same creamy sweet, vanilla mingling with jasmine.  

I liked La Prostitution, but it went a bit harsh on me.  I think the sandalwood addition makes Two Women smoother and softer.  I like it a bit more.  It doesn't seem to have quite as much staying power as La Prostitution though - or maybe the fragrance just isn't as brash, and I'm not noticing it as much in the dry down.

Ether way, it's a very pretty vanilla cream jasmine blend.

La Prostitution 2020!

This also reminds me of La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde (sweet cream vanilla, white sugar, jasmine blossom, star anise). La Prostitution's jasmine vanilla cream gets a little meditative here with what appears on me as a prominent sandalwood. It's a pleasing change: this jasmine cream becomes more mature and thoughtful, perhaps a little more wise.

The honey and cognac are beautifully blended in, and I had to look for them. Having found them, it's easy to just chill and huff and appreciate what they're contributing; I think the cognac is adding to the impression of gracious maturity I get from this blend.

Jasmine and vanilla devolves to jasmine getting super drunk on whiskey creams and passing out on a sandalwood floor after she danced her heart out. The life of a jasmine flapper is hard work! Medium throw and wear length.

This was a pleasant surprise. I'm not much of a white floral fan, and jasmine can be a Bit Much for me. I wanted to try this one for some reason, regardless that I didn't expect it to work on me. It goes on with the expected poof of jasmine, but almost immediately the rest of the notes rise up and tell jasmine to chill and stop hogging the spotlight. From there, it stays as a softly floral, creamy, cool scent that is powerfully reminiscent of the height of summertime, and the way those welcome breezes smell on a hot night. The cognac is subtle but provides depth. The honey cream is way in the background until much later in the wear. This lasts for hours and hours, but unfortunately, after a certain point, it loses its balance and gets a little syrupy. That's about when it wears out its welcome, mainly by being so far from the scents I usually prefer.

Ultimately, this just isn't My Thing, though it gets closer than I expected. If it's Your Thing, or even Your-Thing-adjacent, it's worth a whirl. It's certainly proof that it's worth giving a chance to notes that are generally outside my wheelhouse.

the beginning is jasmine with honey cream and a hint of cognac. just enough to add a touch of booziness-it's not overwhelming. this is very reminiscent of another scent  that i've tried but can't remember right now. it was like this but with tea instead of cognac. i think i prefer the tea because it goes better with the jasmine on me. the cognac adds a sort of plasticky quality like i get with some fruits. very odd.

SUPER JASMINE! As starbrow said, a jasmine cream maelstrom. And that's cool because I love jasmine. I already have a single note jasmine AND La Prostitution AND Poinsettia Gown, but I probably need a bottle of this too because it's SO EXTRA!

I like a sweeter jasmine that smells like the bushes that I've planted in my backyard (NAVA's EA Purple and Ghost Velvet being my go-tos lately).  I can't really pick out the honey or vanilla notes in this, though, which I think would have actually made this smell more realistic and wearable if they'd showed up to the party.  This is a sharp, perfumey jasmine on me, leaning a little to a generic white floral smell on my skin.

In the bottle, it's definitely JASMINE, and even more so on my skin, with a bit of a plasticky note. Once I compare between the skin and bottle, I can detect the cognac in the latter, which gives it a slight commercial perfume scent. Anything else (honeyed cream, vanilla, sandalwood) are nowhere to be found. I was kind of hoping for the honey to sweeten things up, but I could layer this with Chaste Moon 2010 if need be for sweetness. It smells sharp, wet on the skin, but it seems to calm down as it dries.