Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Musk is the first thing I pick up.  It's not high pitched or soapy.  "Furry" is a good descriptor.  It's sheer and gently lived in, maybe akin to skin musk?  I can smell either clove or carnation (since sometimes they smell similar) but it's very light.  I was worried with both notes it would be overpoweringly "cloved," but the spiciness stays gentle.  There's a bit of sweetness from the florals, and a very sheer vanilla.

Diaphanous is a good word for this one.  A demure, feminine skin scent that's not overly floral and only slightly vanillic.  It's very pretty, and I'm curious to see if it will darken and intensify with age.  

In the decant: White musk, florals, and a hint of vanilla. The flowers are pleasant and not overpowering so while I can't detect that they're specifically carnation and jonquil, the note I get is very much in agreement with those two flowers. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's mainly white musk and jonquil. I'd call it more floral than furry, but it's got a lovely subdued quality. As it dries, the musk fades back a bit, and the carnation becomes a discernible floral note, smoothed by vanilla and maybe spiced the tiniest bit by clove. Once it has time to develop, it morphs into a delightfully soft carnation and clove blend. It's fuzzy in the same spirit that Fledgling Raptor Moon is fuzzy, though in scent, Wan Wan is currently the more delicate for absence of a more prominent grounding note (compared to FRM's sandalwood). 

The scent is sweetish, but I never do get any hay absolute outright. And I can't detect the myrrh at all. Still, it's adorable, and I like it a lot. 

The throw on my elbow is a little shorter than average, but I might try wearing it for a whole day and see what happens. 

Carnation, hay, white musk and a touch of clove. This one is a white musk floral with carnation, hay, and clove. It's sort of both cool and warm at the same time. Medium throw and wear length.

In the Bottle:
Musky with hay absolute and vanilla

On the Skin:
Another quite green scent at the start and quite a rough green.  The floral quickly come to the surface to sweeten up the blend, making the whole more like a fresh water aquatic.  

On the Drydown:
As this dries down, the jonquil and carnation take hold to give a gentle but persistent floral note underpinned by the greenness and the spiciness of the clove.

I swapped decants with a friend to try, and this was one of them. As we tested the swapped stuff outdoors yesterday, I didn't get anything from Wan Wan but fuzzy, powdery white musk. 

But indoors today, I get most of the listed notes, and it's more interesting. Sweet vanilla myrrh, carnation, and hay, alongside fuzzy white musk. Hints of clove spice and high-pitched jonquil.

Once this dries, though, it goes back to being mostly fuzzy, powdery white musk. My friend also reported that she liked it, but it went too powdery for her.

I get exactly one of the listed notes: carnation. Spicy, creamy carnation. That's it. That's the scent.

Did I raise eyebrows at the carnation and jonquil on this list like, behave, you two? Absolutely. Did they listen? They did not. Single-note carnation is not at all what I signed up for with Wan Wan, and while it's very pretty as SN Carnation goes, I went the rest of it.

Clove ALWAYS shows up for parties. So where is it?? Day-drinking with hay and vanilla, laughing about how that silly Star thought they would actually come to this one? I don't even know, man. Maybe with some aging this carnation will grow up and get some friends.

Wet, I get jonquil with a soft spicy clove. It's not overly spicy at this point, and is threatening to go soapy, but never does. Drying down, the spicy carnation comes out. The jonquil disappears completely. I think some of the spices may be cardamom and nutmeg. It's reading a bit masculine to my nose. Once the spices settle down it becomes a lot more unisex. The final stage is close to the skin. It's actually quite pleasant. Either there is non powdery amber in here, or the vanilla husk and myrrh are blending together to give that impression. The carnation is stronger and has a nice, creamy spice. I get a hint of something slightly smoky, but it's a mere whisper. It could be the hay because it's a dry, husky sort of "smoke". It's nice, but not one I would wear unless the mood struck me.

4 out of 5 stars.