Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Treasure Room of Love

Rose scents are a risk for me because rose can turn too soapy, too sharp, too sour, powdery, etc - but I love them when they work out!  This was a risk that paid off.

This is mainly rose on me, with nothing else jumping out, nothing sharp, no soap, nothing bad at all.  I can't quite pick out the other notes but I can tell they are present.  There is a slight hint of something tart, that may come from the rose, or maybe the labdanum?  I'm not sure but I think the vanilla is just a pillowy soft backdrop that smooths everything out.  You might call this powdery but I think the combination of notes is really balanced and I don't think it's TOO powdery.

This does bring incense to mind but it's very sophisticated and doesn't go too loud or too flat or anything (incense can turn on me sometimes).  It just simply smells good, which I was really hoping for when I saw these notes.  I'm going to let my partner try this and if he loves it too, we might need another bottle!

I haven’t posted a review on the forum in a very long time, but Treasure of Love is very special. I find it to be very calming - brain medicine for me lately. The rose is dry and effervescent like aldehydes. The golden tones of sandalwood and rockrose are gentle and subtle and resonant, lifted and not thick at all. I don’t pick up on vanilla much, it is an accent note to slightly burnish the overall effect. 
I only allowed myself to choose one perfume from the Lupers update this year, and I know that I chose the best one for me. Peaceful and elegant. 

This one is oddly soapy, but I'm not sure which note is doing it.  I do not think it's the rose, though, like forspecial_plate, rose can sometimes go soapy on me.  I too get a sense of aldehydes, and I think that's the culprit, though the the note isn't listed.  I'm also getting itching on my wrists where I applied the fragrance, which is quite unusual for me.  Strong cinnamon is the only other thing I've ever reacted to.  

Besides the soapiness, I can smell an elegant rose balanced with mellow sandalwood.  The labdanum emerges more as this dries down, and I begin to like it more.  I think I would like this a lot without the aldehydes, but that note kind of kills it for me.  However, it also makes the blend unusual, so if you're a rose lover, this one might be worth checking out.   

I'm always hesitant to blind buy rose perfume; I love roses but they don't always love my skin. This one thankfully works!

Wet, this is Rose! with lots of throw. I think it's a pink or yellow rose: fresh, a bit sharp, and sweet. It's not a lush red rose or a demure tea rose or a soft white rose. Of those three, it's closest in type to a tea rose but Treasure's rose is more assertive.

As it dries, the other notes bloom and round the scent out but never dominate. I think I'm getting the aldehydes that the other reviewers mention in a bit of sharpness from either the rose or labdanum.

Overall, this is a nice addition to my BPAL rose collection.

Rose, sandalwood, and fizzy cola. The labdanum is sparkling and fizzy, and you smell the rose and sandalwood underneath. Actually, this would be great for a flapper or the 1920s costuming. Good throw and wear length.

Super soap rose. I am not getting any of the other notes. No vanilla, no resins, no sandalwood. Just fancy pink rose soap. Sad face.

Right away I got the deep vanilla and sandalwood. It was a deep incense scent without being powdery. After a few minutes, I started to notice the rose. I don't think the labdanum was very strong in this blend (so if your a big fan, you might only notice a whisper of it). Personally for me, this scent reminded me a lot of Raksasha.

The rose in this blend isn't very sharp but rather velvety.

If your a fan of Raksasha, you might like this blend. This is a smooth rose blend.

A sparkly, fizzy rose! Effervescent, as grashopper 8 said. Very cheery and bright. Mixed with the Mysore sandalwood which gives it an Indian incense vibe, it's the perfect rose for summertime.