Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Snipe's Beak Trapped in a Clam Shell

Sampled my sister's decant. This reminds me of Black Butterfly Moon (florals + moss), Ava, and Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels Attending to some extent. After a while the heady florals dry down and you're left with a vanilla musk type scent. Very nice if you're into florals and scents that lean more "commercial."

Edited by feyofthefellwood

This is a really pretty floral blend, which almost leans to a cologne I think because of the musk and ambrette seed. It's lovely, and I'm glad I tried this out. This seems to sweeten with wear and leaves a really pretty white floral, vanilla scent with a smidge of grounding patch. LOVE. 

Spring florals (ylang ylang and camellia), vanilla musk, and a whiff of aquatic that codes as "air" in this blend to me. This smells like the hope of spring, and first love, and would be a fantastic pick for a bride to wear on her special day. Medium throw and wear length.

i get vanilla, magnolia, tuberose and ambrette seed at first. it's an airy vanilla-floral. the tuberose melts away fairly quickly, and then it's mostly ylang ylang and ambrette seed. this is like ylang ylang dryer sheets on me for awhile. however, after being on the skin longer it turns to a lovely YY vanilla that i am i really like, once the ambrette seed calms down a bit. it's very subtle though, and i wish it was a bit stronger.

Edited by theseagrows

High-end elegance, like an ethereal jumpsuit with a jaunty birdcage hat. I'm a huge fan of spicy tuberose, and the lab's couture-type fragrances, perfect for wearing to a fancy pants outdoor soirèe, or between satin sheets. What beauty lies beneath the surface upon warm, sun-lit skin. Reminds me a bit of "Ava" and "The Bride", while coming across as even more complex, and enchanted. 

Edited by Jenjin

In the decant: Heady florals (the tuberose stands out the most) and moss.

On me: Heady, sweet florals backed by some moss and slightly softened by a bit of vanilla. Once dry, the florals calm down significantly as the musky ambrette and vanilla help to tame them. This doesn't reminds me of the vanilla musk in Ava. The vanilla here is much creamier than that vanilla note. The moss increases in strength with wear, as it is wont to do on me, so that the scent ends up being like a mossy floral scent draped in a sheet of vanilla musk. The moss and vanilla are giving me chypre vibes like in Le Coucher de la Mariee Hair Gloss, but of course, this is definitely more floral. I'm also getting serious Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels Attending vibes thanks to the tuberose and white patchouli.

Verdict: I became interested in this one due to some of the scents it was compared to in the reviews (and I wanted to see if this would be something my mom would like  -- her holy grail scent is Ava). This is more of a classy sort of floral scent, more elegant than flirtatious (like Ava) or youthful (like Butterflies). It's quite pretty after several hours, but I am not sure I'd want to get through that initial blast of heady florals to get to this point. I still think this may be something that would appeal to my mom, or anyone that is after a more traditional type of perfume, so I can't wait to pass this decant on to her and hear what she thinks. :) 

Demure white florals with a hint of musk (the ambrette apparently) and ylang ylang in the bottle. 

Hooo!  On the skin it amps up big time!  If you are a fan of ylang ylang, heads up.  Here she be.  I also get something almost lemony?  Ahh.  The magnolia blossom.  :biggrin:  This is pretty, and lush.  Floral all the way, in a BIG way.  I think I do catch a hint of vanilla, but it's very much binding the florals together rather than asserting itself.  The ambrette just gives this a wonderful "live-in" warmth.  This has the texture of thick, white petals.  No soap, just "I want to roll in" floral.  It's shamelessly floral in the way Cascading Blossoms was, though the two smell quite different.  Really pretty.  :heart:

I have quite a bit of my partial left from decanting this one, as there wasn't much initial interest in this fragrance.  I am QUITE happy about it.  :D  Floral lovers, don't miss out.