Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Aquarius

site description: just the birthday range. which, if you didn't know, is 20/1 - 18/2

first impression: pine. yummy. you know that overwhelmingly pine smell you get when you're shopping for christmas trees?

There's a warmth to it that I think might be lavender. There's also a slight bit of a medicinal smell that I've been getting with the zodiac oils, but it's not so strong. After a while, it fades, and becomes a bit of a green smell. Maybe eucalyptus? Or perhaps pine. This didn't last very long on me. After two or three hours, I could only smell it if I touched my nose to my skin.

I can see why this wasn't a huge hit ... I ordered this for no real reason other than I like pine and lavender and was reading reviews of the scents where no notes were otherwise listed ...

BOTTLE: Really no discerinible notes for me. Just a clean but bland and slightly antiseptic smell.

Applied to wrists ...

WET: By the time I had recapped the bottle, the scent was practically gone. The impression it left on me was meh. Just ... nothing. So weird. I can see the lavender and pine comparisons for lack of anything else to compare it to but it's just nothing. Not bad, just meh.

Oh well, at least I won't be crying over yet another discontinued scent I fell in love with too late :P

In bottle: Juniper, I think. It has that sharp note in it. Others are mentioning pine, so perhaps it's that, and not juniper. I get the two confused sometimes! If this were a color, it'd be a very dark green. I think there is some lavender as well.

On me: Reminds me somewhat of Arkham, which was also discontinued recently. On me it is a sharp and rather disagreeable fragrance. After it dries it calms down a bit, but it's still quite discordant.

at first: something sharp. possibly eucalyptus

on: this smells like lavender and some sort of wood.

half an hour later: definitely some sort of wood. that's all i'm smelling.

1.5 hours later: lots of different woods, possibly with some flowers.

4.5 hours later: a hint of woods.

overall: i'm not so sure about this one.

In the bottle: I'm getting more juniper than pine, though both might be in there. Definitely lavender, not sure what else. It's very strong.

First on: Smells almost exactly the same as in the bottle, only there's a bergamot or a neroli that I smell. And it's starting to turn, I wonder if there's civet in it.

Drydown: I still can't tell if it's civet, which means it's probably not, and it's jsut some weird concotion of oils that make my skin think it is. It's still lavender and woods. If it weren't for that civet thing going, I might like this one more.

First sniff: WHOA lavender! Very sharp lavender, with maybe a touch of lemon. Aquarius reminds me a bit of Nanshe, though I’d have to sniff them side-by-side to be sure.

Wearing: Instant Soap. Stupid skin.

Bottle (Imp): Very herbal.

Just On: Quite herbal.

An hour or two later: Herbal with some bite.

Around 6 hours: Spicy woodsy scent.

12 hours: I can really smell the woodsy smell now.

Overall: What an interesting morph this does, and I like it pretty well.

After reading other reviews: I didn't really get lavender or pine, which surprises me, because they are both mentioned in previous reviews. Probably not my favorite scent of the celestials I've tried, but not too bad.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Woodsy.

In the imp/bottle: Lavender, some sort of wood, and something herbal. Reminds me of Peace, actually.

On skin, wet: This really reminds me of Peace! It's lighter on the lavender, heavier on the herb and/or wood note(s).

On skin, dry: Not much change from wet. It becomes a bit softer, drier, and a bit darker, like a piece of wood dabbled with lavender.

Conclusion: Nice, but nothing I'd pine for.

Edited by Aredhel

Origin - part of the Discontinued Circular Swap

Wet - oh my! This is more like it! I don't recongnize a single note, but it's a delicious resiny scent.

Dry - as it dries it softens and I get resin and woods and possibly some juniper. The longer this is on the spicier it becomes. I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I could swear there's some black pepper in here. Whatever the wood note is in this, I need more if it! It's rather ironic that neither Scorpio nor Libra worked on me, and yet this is beautiful! This is my favorite of all the celestials so far, but I still haven't managed to get my hands on some Aries.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 5.

Edited by wickedgoddess

Aquarius

In the imp: amber! Gorgeous amber goodness, with something else-a floral note, maybe lavender?

Wet on skin: yes, it is lavender! Now this scent peeks out of the amber, so now the scent is a little bit like a more 'golden' version of Old Scratch.

Dry on skin: wonderful lavender and amber. I think there may also be violet in here as well. this scent is purple and amber-gold, it's heady and soothing. It bears similarities to Old Scratch and possibly Bruja. This is a very pleasant scent.

After a while: there may be a type of myrrh or sandalwood in here, because I get a dry, almost smouldering, wooden scent underneath it all, just barely there underneath the amber-lavender.

This doesn't last though, the final drydown of this scent is a delicious Egyptian amber scent, with a hint of something that may be lilac? It does remind me slightly of Bruja at this point.

Verdict: I'm not an Aquarius, but I am very fond of this scent. maybe this scent isn't Aquarius because the scent I get here is so different to the reviews-nothing medicinal, no pine, woods (though I do get a hint of wood/incense at one point) or anything medicinal, instead I get…amber! It's one of those wonderful Egyptian amber blends but this time it has a lavender scent to it, and possibly some violet. It's quite reminiscent of Old Scratch, but with more amber, whereas the lavender slowly fades and the drydown is soft amber with possibly a lilac note to it-some kind of purple flower. I really like this, but I'm not sure if I need any-I mean, it's not my star sign, and I don't think I have anything significant in this sign, lol. I'm happy with my Aries.

Aquarius is very menthol-eucalyptus on me. Sharply medicinal. After a few minutes, I think that I smell some powdery sandalwood behind the eucalyptus. I'm not getting the loud lavender or drydown of resins that others have mentioned, just an odd powdery woods and menthol fragrance. It's pretty light, and I am am thankful for that.

Strange, medicinal, and simple on me... I can't see myself ever wearing this one.

In the imp: Lavender. Lavender. Lavender.

On the skin, it’s still strongly lavender. There’s a touch of the same amber that’s in Haunted or in Bruja (which I just tried so it’s fresh in my mind and memory).

There is a slight woody smell to this, maybe a sandalwood or cedar.

After it’s been on a bit, this is fantastic! Amber, lavender and wood. I love all of these elements. This is a warm, slightly woody, slightly herbal scent. The amber seems to be strongest, followed by woods. The lavender and possibly other herbs are in the background now, making themselves known every so often. I haven’t tried any of the other zodiac scents but I adore this one. Even though this is not my star sign, I would get this if it were available.

(thanks DC sniffing circle!)

Aquarius - This is all lavender on me. There's nothing pretty about it. It's strong, herbal, medicinal, and astringent. There may be the slightest hint of lemon beneath the lavender, but the lavender is so strong that it's impossible to discern any other notes. It's definitely not for me.

Warm evergreen, lavender and something sort of creamy and sweet - not sure precisely what, but it's lovely.

At first this was nose-burningly sharp, with a medicinal feel of something almost minty-eucalyptus. As it dried that faded a bit and it didn't hurt my nose as much, and became identifiable as lavender [if I'd read these reviews first I would've recognized it instantly]. A little later and I'm getting that woodiness others have mentioned, but to me it smells like cedar. Shortly thereafter it goes *poof* off my skin. It's an odd little scent... at first it was terrible, but it dried down surprisingly nice with the sneak attack of the woods. Too bad it disappeared so fast after that!

Edited to add that after reapplying I could smell the pepper another reviewer mentioned. This time it came out with the lavender. I still smell cedar over pine though.

Edited by myth

On wet, I really get this medicinal lavender. Its got an overlay of eucalyptus, but the lavender is almost salty and heavily aquatic. As it dries, I get more of a sandalwood/cedar, and it sort of dries down to that with a slightly aquatic vibe.

I didn't like it on wet, but on the drydown, it is oddly appealing. Not enough to keep, but enough to enjoy its unusual smell.

Aquarius;

This one smells very different on me, I don't smell any hints of pine, or medicinal/eucalyptus.

I bought this out of curiosity (it's also my zodiac sign) and once I read the reviews it made me a little skeptical. However, I'm very pleased with this scent! I'm not sure what notes are more prominent on me, (definitely not lavender) but I'll have to agree 100% with yeahbutnobut and say amber, incense, violets perhaps, just very beautiful and sweet creamy floral!

Edited by BelladonnasGarden

Aquarius;

This one smells very different on me, I don't smell any hints of pine, or medicinal/eucalyptus.

I bought this out of curiosity (it's also my zodiac sign) and once I read the reviews it made me a little skeptical. However, I'm very pleased with this scent! I'm not sure what notes are more prominent on me, (definitely not lavender) but I'll have to agree 100% with yeahbutnobut and say amber, incense, violets perhaps, just very beautiful and sweet creamy floral!

This was pretty much my experience with it too!! I didn't detect any pine or lavender - it was beautiful! It was actually, a little on the aquatic floral side on me! (I would have expected an aquatic scent, since Aquarius is the water bearer)...and I bought this, because like others, I'm also an Aquarius (Feb 5th FTW!)