Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Sparrows in Flight

Tart peach and a sharp woodiness are my first impressions.  Not getting any poop from the agarwood.  Yay!

The notes start to individuate themselves, and the sandalwood and moss start to stand out with the peach.  This makes me think of dry, lichen covered sticks.  The peach is still present, but it's balanced by the other notes, so overall, this isn't what I'd call a fruity blend.  It's dry and has only the faintest hint of sweetness.  Sort of a tart peach over a chypre, with subtle swirls of champaca.  It's unusual, and I could see this being worn by a man or a woman.  

I would imagine if you amplify sweetness though, this would be more feminine.  It also seems like the type of fragrance that will smooth out and improve with aging.  

Peach skin, sandalwood, oakmoss. This one reminds me to a very fresh peach skin. There's something subtly naughty about biting into it. Great throw and wear length.

this is everything great about fuzzy peach skin on a soft wood barely chypre canvas, with both of them poking through each other on purpose. this is a thing with the Shungas especially this year I guess, a simple spring pairing of notes taken a little dirty and unapologetic for the subtle weird ways natural smells can play with each other.

Soft, fuzzy peach wrapped in a delicious chypre. Sweet, and subtle, with excellent throw and wear length.

This is a tart peach but wrapped in some sort of smokiness and engine oil texture. I can't describe this better. I guess it's the oud that creates this association for me. Overall it's a smoky tart peach skin. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, theredkilt said:

This is a tart peach but wrapped in some sort of smokiness and engine oil texture. I can't describe this better. I guess it's the oud that creates this association for me. Overall it's a smoky tart peach skin. 

Two year later, it's a smoky dense tart peach oud. I get an element of fuel viscosity that envelops the entire concoction with a tart peach bow on top of it.