Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Michiyuki Koi No Futusao

Ugh, this is a sexy green tea. Its sort of aquatic musky, but the star anise adds some spice, and you end up with a very gender neutral sexy green tea musk. Good throw and wear length.

This is, in fact, a sexy green tea musk. The star anise lends it a woodsy quality. The oakmoss tackles the green tea and wrestles it to the forest floor, then fades to the background.  I don't get much throw and it stays close to my skin. Star anise can sometimes overwhelm, but this blend isn't sharp at all. I'm getting almost a pipe tobacco vibe from the anise/oakmoss combo as it dries down. The green tea floats on top. 

Gender neutral, foody only if you consider tea food, equally good for daytime or nighttime wear. 

Edited by bheansidhe

This one is a good bit of fun at first. The star anise immediately amps into Supreme Ruler on my skin; but in the first moment, at least, I can still smell the green tea. This seems to be the pretty green tea note from Cooling Breeze.

And then the tea is mostly gone, leaving scarcely a green whisp. The oakmoss is a faint woody hint.

The sweet, black licorice-like anise simply stomps everything else out.

Green tea and oakmoss can be iffy on me, but I love anise, and at first I got a lot of it in Michiyuki Koi No Futusao.  This started out a wonderful spring/summer anise blend, with the bright green tea dirtied up by the oakmoss.  Definitely a shunga!  If the anise note had lasted longer on me, this would have been bottle-worthy, but it faded away within a couple hours, leaving the still very pleasant green tea and oakmoss combo. Not much throw (which is typical for me). Tea notes tend to be fugitive on me, so I enjoyed how long this one lasts.  I wonder if age will improve the anise longevity. 

Really glad I finally got to try this one!  :P  This is a very nice example of herbal anise, if you like the note -- which I do!  The anise is a touch powdery and is the most prominent note on me, while the green tea, though present, is the least prominent.  Overall, I get a cool, dry scent that's a touch spicy and very reminiscent of a bed of soft green forest moss.  Michiyuki and Cacao & Black Moss both have that soothing, fairy-forest vibe, though both fragrances are quite different and worth having.  I'm pretty sure Queen Titania had some of this stashed in her bower.

I got mostly anise for a long time.  Then, after maybe 3 hours or so, the anise was gone and I smelled this very clean and elegant tea with slightly mossy backdrop.  Smelled like Chanel Pour Monsieur, the old good version before they reformulated it.  Amazing.  This phase lasted fully for the rest of the day.  ❤️

When trying to close the imp, I flicked the top to the other side of the room and send droplets of oil flying - great!

This is anise hard candy all the way. Super strong. No oakmoss I can detect that usually gives a blend a more cologney vibe.

A very faint tea note appears soon that's turning it into a clean herbal scent with a light green and almost ethereal quality.

But it's very close to being a single-note anise liqueur, hands down.

MKNF turns into an "anise with tea" scent eventually.

I don't care much for it, and I'm missing some depth and complexity.

I did hope for a tea scent that had a dash of anise to it, and, unfortunately, this is more like the other way around.

A winner for anise lovers. But it's not a blend for me.

In the imp: Exactly what it says on the tin: spicy star anise, moss, and the subtle tannin of matcha.

Wet: Strong on the moss, which is very sweet and rich (yet another moss that reminds me of Eve, which is hands down the best moss-driven perfume I've ever purchased, anywhere). A slightly sweet, slightly powdery note from the tea, and soft spices overlaying the whole blend.

Dry: Comforting and warm, sweet and sophisticated - it reminds me of my late grandmother, and feels very appropriate to have worn it on her birthday. 

Average lifespan (8hrs) and medium tending strong throw.

Stars: ★★★★★

i was able to track down a bottle of this and i'm SO glad i did. very tea forward in the bottle, but not exactly straight green tea as the anise and oakmoss are there in the background giving it a little depth and sweetness, tho still very sharp.

in my excitement i poured like way more than i meant to on myself than i meant to while applying the tester spot, but that's okay because this is fkn gorgeous. i would say yes to comparisons to aquatics freshly applied to the skin, but not in a cologne way. there IS a sort of muskiness that keeps it from veering into masculine territory on me. i do think it's the star anise, as many other reviews note that comes out more forward on the skin and leaves the green tea in the background, but on me it's not sweet licorice or hard candy or straight anise or anything scary like that. it's more like green tea steeped with a few star anise pods in there. i'm not great at identifying oakmoss but i think it's there keeping the blend from going into candy or foodie territory and giving it that musky sort of anchor. 

i def slathered this on that may be the reason it seems to have such good throw but overall this seems to be more of a skin scent with perhaps some light throw to it. fingers crossed for an 8 hour wear length like other reviews have stated although my skin usually eats up the beautiful scents (that's okay tho cause more time for variety), but we'll see