Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lighting the Lantern

I'm getting a musky bergamot, mostly.  The citrus is prominent, but it's not bright and juicy.  I think it works well with the image of a low lit lantern's glow.  As this dries down, the cedar comes out a bit and the fragrance begins to smell almost mossy.  It only lasted a couple hours on me, but if you are a fan of bergamot, I imagine you'd enjoy this.  

Edited by VetchVesper

Whoa, that's a bright lantern!

Fresh on my skin, this is a searing, almost shrill, yellow yuzu alongside orange bergamot. The image this fragrance brings to mind is a modern canvas of bold, brazen yellow and orange streaks slashing diagonally. This might wake me up without coffee.

I'm not finding that this one has changed over time on my skin; I don't find cedar or musk, just yellow and orange citrus streaks, band over band.

In the decant and once on: Very bright, loud yuzu and bergamot, with a slightly discordant undertone of cedar. Citrus and wood notes are an unexpected and kind of weird combo, but it kind of works. As it dries down, the cedar and musk amp up on me, making the yuzu less screechy, but definitely still a presence along with the bergamot. It eventually dries down to a soft cedar and musk brightened up by the citrus. It has a glowing, yellow quality, but without the loudness you'd expect if you sniffed it wet. Not yet sure if it's bottleworthy, but I definitely like it.

Bright yuzu, cedar, and musk. This ends up as a citrusy musky pencil shavings on me. Good throw and wear length.

I'm not usually one for citrus-y scents, but I like this one more than I expected. The yuzu is bright and cheery, with an almost peach-like undertone beneath the tart citrus. The cedar grounds the fruit, although the combination does strike me as unusual for some reason. An interesting, pleasant scent overall.