Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Libidinous Encounter During the Rice Harvest

This smells a little funky at first.  Sort of fermented.  Pretty quickly though, the florals emerge.  Champaca first, but after a few minutes, the frangipani takes over.  This smells exotic, with the florals overlaying sort of a woody, earthy base.  I'm guessing that's the fossilized amber at play.  The rice note peaks out in the dry down, but is subtle to my nose, hiding behind the florals. 

This is a heady, voluptuous floral, with the other notes keeping things from being too sweet.  Both the champaca and the frangipani are beautiful, so if you're a fan of those two notes, I'd check this one out.  The rice notes don't stand out much on me.  

Rice milk can turn me into a drooling idiot, and that starts to happen here.  At first, this is such a creamy and dreamy white-grain milk with perhaps also that gorgeous rice flower from Castitas bath oil, and there's only a hint of golden champaca and amber.

Then fortunes reverse, and mighty champaca takes the lead, with tropical frangipani soon to follow. From then on, this is a full, queenly, heady blend, and the delicate rice notes get a bit lost in the grandeur. 

The blend is lovely but, after the first few seconds, it mostly misses the rice notes I sought. I'd recommend it for those seeking big tropical florals with supporting creamy rice-ness.

This has a really nice, grainy rice note underlying the florals. Unfortunately, the florals go a little sharp and soapy on my skin, but the rice note stays pretty yummy.

An incensey champaca takes over and takes no prisoners! No rice afternote, as I'd hoped there might be.

Edited by muined

Creamy rice milk, incense champaca, and a whiff of amber. This is a very warm, creamy incense. Good throw and wear length.

I normally love every note in this, but this is a musty, powdery, heavy and gloomy scent to me.  It makes me think of heavy, dust colored drapes and mildew.  There's a hazy, sort of white smokiness that reminds me of sharp opium incense.  I get no hint of anything like rice milk, rice flower or frangipani.  The drydown has an odd spiciness.

Interesting when wet: I get almond and fennel in a sort of greenish white swirl that feels a bit sticky. The notes don't come together well on my wrist and are fighting for attention.

It smells sharper than I would have imagined. The champaca and frangipani make this quite heavy and heady, but I am missing the creaminess I thought I'd get from the rice milk and rice flower.

The drydown reminds me of a soap or shower gel you would find in a drugstore. However, I cannot get rid of that fennel or even celery element that's poking into my nose once in a while. A faint almond note also remains, similar to the one (but not as good) that is very prominent in Queen of Sheba (which I adore, by the way).

I had high hopes for this as two rice elements had my attention, and I wanted so badly for this to work on me, but I fear the lightness of the rice doesn't play super well with the champaca and resinous amber. Also, any scent that stays fennel or celery on me is a killer.

This one's almost entirely floral on me—the combination of rice flower and champaca reminds me of the old-fashioned paper-wrapped bar soap in asian markets. As it settles down, the amber comes in to smooth the florals and give it all a powdery touch. Still VERY floral soap to me, though—no rice milk at all, which is unfortunate, as that was the note I was most excited for.

My first thought was to that this one is kinda  overwhelmingly perfumey. Not too much rice milk, mostly floral and greenery. 

The drive down on this is a lot nicer . That’s where I’m getting more of like the rice milk and it’s not as like strongly floral or astringent. Not my favorite, thought it would be a hit for me  based on notes alone! This ones just ok 

Edited by Rspades