Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

ExtrEEEEEmely potent. My hands smelled of this just opening the box and the bubble wrap. It's like red musk potent. Loud, libidinous, bacchanalian fruit just barely held back by the oakmoss. 

Oh, hi. I've walked in on a musky Bacchanalian love fest of red and purple fruits in an oakmoss bower. This is what it smells like when blackberry, red currant, and plum get sauced on blackberry, red currant, and plum wines and get all sex-musky deep in the oak woods.

I keep thinking I also smell wood violet. I experience violet (except for the fun parma violet in Elf) as the note that's diametrically opposite of me. It really might just be part of the plum... but it's making me shrink back a bit, even as I enjoy the rest.

At any rate, you're in for a wild ride with this one.

Purple fruits! I get juicy blackberries, lush plum, and a whiff of currants. It's purple, fruity, and fresh. Delicious. Good throw and wear length.

Yeah, purple fruits.

Having just tested Couple Reading an Erotic Scroll, this one is significantly less heavy on the pure blackberry. I think the primary note I can pick out is actually the plum, with some tart currant.

Despite the riotous purple fruit notes, I don't find this one overly sweet -- the oakmoss keeps it edging on musky/woodsy. It's more of a juicy fresh scent, like a basket of sun-warmed fruits sitting outside.

I get a slight soapy-powdery note here, but that may just be my skin chemistry messing things up. Good throw, average lasting power.

Oh so fruity!

The blackberry in this scent is bold and juicy. I didn't get a bit of powder from this scent, it is all juicy berry.
The oakmoss doesn't do a whole lot to bring down the sweetness of the scent. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the super sweet scents, but if you like them, this is right up your alley.

Lovers of blackberry will love this scent! This one reminds me of Les Incubus des et Succubus from a previous year's Lupercalia. If you thought the Les Incubus was a bit too dirty with the patchouli, this is a great scent for you.

Very fresh, juicy berry scent. I can't stress enough how juicy this scent was.

Initially this is very fruity, with a hint of oakmoss (kinda grassy to me). Quite strong but low throw. The oakmoss eventually blends itself in so it's predominantly fruity with a chypre feel. As it dries more I get some vanilla creaminess. It's such a shame it's low throw, because the dry down on this is lovely, and unfortunately short lived, disappearing on me after 2 hours. 

I thought for the longest time this had black currant in it. Oops! It's really then the oakmoss that is behaving badly on me! It combines with the red currant for that kind of tart mustiness that black currant always gives me. But a year of aging has really mellowed everything out. I still don't get much plum from it because of the darn oakmoss (which is a stompy note with my nose and tends to overwhelm every other note), and the blackberry is rendered more perfumey than juicy because of it too, but the currant is certainly present and accounted for.

When I first got this one, I also got some potpourri vibes, but a year has really turned it into a beautiful perfume for the right wearer. This is not cologney at all, thank heavens. More plum would have made this a keeper for me, in spite of the devastation of oakmoss in my nostrils!

i only have a short review, but this smells like red fruit snacks in the best way, and i am thrilled! :)

i want to add to this as i’ve tried more things at this point! the blackberry is lower and the plum is the most forward here. the labs blackberry note usually has a weird hollowness (?) to it, and the plum fills that in and expands the red/purple scent. the currant gives it a tang around the edges. i do not get much oakmoss - i think that it grounds the scent and gives it dimension, but i can’t pick it out. still one of my favorites though!

Edited by picturesofmeghan

The opening is sweet and fruity and LOUD, more plum than anything else, but not just plum. As it dries down, the oakmoss comes through to round things out and give it a little more depth, fuzzy and a little shadowy. With the oakmoss in play, it's still very fruity, but not foody—warm and sweet and a little dark. It might be the heat, but I feel like it has a decent amount of throw; I keep catching little whiffs of it off my wrist while I move around my desk.

The overall impression is sweet and bold, straightforward, but not flat—very inviting, the kind of scent that would draw me in on a warm summer night. We're going through old Shungas to try and destash, but this one might actually end up surviving the purge. ㅠ.ㅠ