Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Enjoyment of the Southern Breeze

I love cherry blossoms (Right Atrium!) and red sandalwood (Anne Bonny!) and some blends with cognac (Dark Lace!). Rose and I have a precarious relationship, usually "off-again". Of course, Enjoyment is alllll roses for me. It's the perfumey, slightly fruity rose from Wild Rose and Cherry, with just a dewdrop of cognac recalling the foregone eras of Laces. I get neither of the other notes, and that's a real shame. I think this would be a beautiful blend if it was more in harmony the way Kisses For Us All (2019 Weenies) managed to harmonize rose with everything else. 

Enjoyment of the Rose Breeze! Rose lovers, rejoice!

Initial dreamy pinkness: pink rose, pink cherry flowers, and a smooth, almost creamy cognac.

And then I get sandalwood? (Looks at notes.) Yes, okay. Red sandalwood. Curious -- the initial dream-like blend of pink flowers has morphed into more red sandalwood than pink blossoms. The flowers also take on a resinous quality, almost as though a red benzoin, or something, is contributing. The cognac fades. 

Pink flowers, red sandalwood, and anonymous resins.

Roses, cherry blossom, and a whiff of cognac. This is mainly a pink rose and tender cherry blossom scent on me. So yes, pink. Great throw and wear length.

Imp: cognac and sandalwood.

Wet: Roses (resin-y like Pride) and sandalwood.  If the sweet is the cherry blossom, it just suckerpunched me in the nose but my skin amps sweet smells to my detriment.

Dry:

L wrist - wood and resin with the ghost of roses

R wrist - rosey baby powder and resin

I put this on my forearm out of curiosity.  I'm getting more of the full harmony of the scent although the resin and rose are still the biggest players.  I wish I could freeze it here.  It's very pretty.

This was gone in less than an hour on my wrists.  I found this surprising given how big it came out of the gate.

Edited by DigitalCoyote

At first, the rose in this is very dominant and soapy. (Disclaimer: I've noticed that cherry blossoms also tend to veer soapy on my skin, so skin chem weirdness probably has something to do with this). This does eventually dry down to a pretty nice, light cherry blossom scent, but I'm not sure I want to go through the soapy rose phase to get there. I don't smell much of the red sandalwood. The cognac peeks through once the rose quiets down.

In the decant: I smell the cherry blossom, rose, and sandalwood, with just a bit of cognac.

On me: IT'S ROSE TIME. Seriously, as soon as this hit my skin, it pretty much became a pink rose party. There are hints of the cherry blossom and sandalwood, and the cognac adds a sharp quality to the rose, but it's so rose-y on me that I wouldn't call this a cherry blossom scent. The sandalwood becomes more prominent after a few hours of wear, but the rose reigns supreme.

Verdict: I was really hoping to get lots of cherry blossom out of this. Alas, it was not meant to be with my skin chemistry.