Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Total cuddly notes, like little stuffed oxen rather than actual workhorse farm animals. I don't know that I was expecting HONEY to be the dominating note among them, but it totally is. It's a raw, strong honey, a shade too potent for my wimpy preferences, and very different than the "honeyed patchouli" from the Weenies and Lupers lately, even if Cheerful Oxen has both of those notes. Patch is quite noticeable here too, and while it's not dank patch, it's not tall dark and handsome like that Amorous Bat Demon ;) . This one isn't afraid to get its hands a little dirty down on the farm.

Missing in action is the warm brown musk and the hay, the two notes that appealed the most to me. I catch whiffs of fuzzy woods that are a little sweaty but by no means fecal, thank goodness. I'm very happy to give Cheerful Oxen (surprisingly, considering oxen probably leave plenty of cow patties around) the following assessment on my very scientific indoles scale:

Oudh rating: 💩 (out of 5)

As this dries down, the sharpness of the honey fades and leaves just a faintly sour-sweetness glazing the furry base notes, primarily patchouli. I kind of wanted all these fun notes to come together in an awesome way, but for me, this was only okay, not a.MAZ.ing. Maybe it will age into something glorious!

This really is a warm and fuzzy scent and I agree with *starbrow.  Its soft and cozy and not indolic,. For me this was a skin scent. Soft and nice. Something to turn to on days when you need a reliable scent thats not invasive, or provocative. Reliable, steady, dependable. You need something rock solid to lean on? Need a hug? This scent. 

This is all about the honey. It's warm and wonderful, drizzled over fuzzy warm musk and earthy wood. There's something thar smells a tad bit menthol in the background.  I'm guessing it's the hay note. It's unusual, but I really like the effect. Very comforting. 

These are the most cheerful, cuddly, Walt Disney  oxen ever, and if you're a sucker for dark, rich, wild honey (like me) check this one out, stat. 

Edited by VetchVesper

Honey, hay, and brown musk. This one is a fuzzy, happy, comforting brown musk. You say oxen, but it makes me think horses. Its the smell of a nice warm animal. Good throw and wear length.

My skin works very well with honey, so perhaps it will work different with other types of skin chemistry. However, this is a very "fuzzy and cuddly" scent, very ideal after a long steamy shower before bed. The patchouli is tame, only serving to be a slightly earthy base to the other notes. The hay is subtle but is grassy. The honey and oud rounds up all the other notes into a warm and comforting scent. I do not get any menthol.

I will be buying a full bottle.

This really does give the impression of a big, warm, brown animal in a barn, minus any unpleasant smells that imagery might conjure. I adore it when I first put it on, but sadly, after about 3 hours it just kind of goes weirdly generic men's cologne. Dwarf did the same thing on me. I'm not sure what note in particular or what specific combination makes that happen. It's not even bad men's cologne, but there's no character to it by that point.

Cherry? Plum??? Dragon's blood? I don't even know where I'm getting those notes from but that's what this smells like. This honey smells crazy fruity to me.

After drydown it changes into a recognizable brown musk but that was crazy for a while.

Edited by patina