Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Beating the Tatami Shunga

YUM! Super duper sweet strawberry that for once does NOT go plasticky, fake, or lipsmacky. This is one of the most authentic strawberry blends since Eat the Strawberries, and Beating the Tatami Shunga is a little more complex and layered versus the fresh simplicity of Eat the Strawberries. I would even love a decant of this, and I am not a strawberry girl.

So what makes this so good? I think what I actually really love about this is the ti leaf. I love the lab's ti leaf note; it's an almost clovey-spicy herb note, and it elevates every blend I've smelled it in. It definitely grounds the strawberry, and gives it allllmost a strawberry tea flavor. With, of course, lots of sugar (candied fruits!). I didn't think I would be as into this as I am, but it's good.

Sugary strawberry. Very fresh and realistic. There's whiffs of other fruits, and a note of herbal goodness on the background, which just sort of makes it more realistic. Medium throw and wear length. 

Strangely enough, this one doesn't last very long on me. Maybe 2 hours. Spicy strawberry. I think @starbrow nailed it above. Kinda like an herbal Eat the Strawberries. It's great while it lasts on me, I just wanted it to stick around longer.

Wet: Strawberry and ti leaf; this smells very much like a perfumed strawberry, rather than a fresh one. 

Dry: Herbal strawberry; almost like a strong strawberry tea? Something like that. Pretty light on the skin, though when I catch a whiff of it, it's fairly nice. (I prefer a stronger strawberry note, though.)

Pretty, tart strawberry!  If Rope Pulley was two foody for you, this might be more your speed.  It reminds me of strawberry slushies at Sonic, where there's a bit of syrupy sweetness, but there's also the real strawberries at the bottom, ripe and squished.  This also smells very refreshing and is very nice for warm weather.  I wouldn't call this spicy, but the ti leaf does add something astringent and faintly woody to the background.  It makes this a little more grown up that strait up strawberry slush.  An herbal, strawberry tea is also a pretty good comparison.

Edited by VetchVesper