Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is awesome. Fresh out of the bottle it's a sweet mix of all the notes mentioned. In some ways it reminds me of Lola Lee Loo, but much lighter. (I think it's the cardamom evoking it.) The cardamom is front and center when I first apply, but it blends with the confetti cake and cotton candy pretty quickly. As it fades, it leaves a beautiful light scent of not-sickeningly-sweet cotton candy and sugar. It's a stunner. I don't yet have Green Lovebird, but look forward to layering and enjoying both. I also just adore the story.

In the bottle, this Lovebird smells AWESOME. Total cakey goodness, sugary and fluffy, with a hint of spice. I get maybe the barest little smidge of the cotton candy I loved so much in She Sauntered Vaguely Downwards....I would love like, 5 more sticks of that spun sugar.

Then once it hits the skin, ole Pinky goes into cardamom mode, the cakiness slowly disappearing into something more like cardamom cream. In fact...it dries down into a dead ringer for Cardamom Cream Pumpkin Cake's drydown. This is great news for those who love cardamommy sweets, but I was really looking for that cake-pop vanilla confetti deliciousness to linger around more. I very much expected to walk away with a bottle of Pink Lovebird, however I think I will look for a decant first and test this more. 

I smell dry cake mix and cardamom. The cotton candy manifests more as a sweetness than a singular dominant note, but, its definitely “pink” and girly. I do not get the comparison to cardamom cream cheese cake but thats because the latter amped cheese on me.  As far as what might make this better than another cardamom cake scent, it would definitely be the girlish accent the cotton candy gives the scent though its a supporting note you might have to think upon rather than forward.

Pink is a sweet cardamom Cotton Candy. I don’t get much confetti cake but it is there very light to keep the cardamom from getting to spicy. It reminds me a little of Aquolina’s Pink Sugar but more BPAL like. 

Pink Lovebird features a strong cardamom note that is the main player at first, with some store-bought confetti cake and cotton candy beneath it. It remains that way for the first few hours: a cardamom-y cake scent, although over time, the cotton candy gains strength, so that it ends up being this super sweet, pink, sugary sweet scent after several hours of wear.

When Pink Lovebird is layered with Green Lovebird, it creates this wonderful vanilla mint cake scent. The cardamom adds a bit of a bite at first, but it is quick to fade beneath the vanilla mint. The two layered are kind of like Snowblind atmo, which seems more like vanilla mint and yellow cake to my nose at times.

I was really hoping for more confetti cake from this one, but I won't be separating this lovebird from its green companion.

Cardamom vanilla cake, butter cream and a whiff of cotton candy. This one is a very sugary vanilla cake blend on me. If you want cake, try this! Good throw and wear length.

This smells like pink, cardamom sponge cake. I want to eat it. I get no cotton candy from this thankfully. 

Wet: Cake, and cardamom. I would say that the "cake" smells more like all the dry cake ingredients you sift together before combining with the wet. It smells like that, plus cardamom. 

Dry: Still no cotton candy, but it doesn't matter much, since my skin all but completely ate this. Just a hint of that dry cake mix with cardamom, but it's about 95% gone.

I got into BPAL because of weenies, especially darker blends and dead leaves, but man Ive needed some happy, cozy smells lately. This is wholesome, pure joy and love. I described it to my partner as the perfect cupcake.

Vanilla frosting, creamy, with cake. Cotton candy isnt notable as such, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's adding to the sweetness. 

There have been some blends that I dont wear out because they feel too childlike for me. This, surprisingly, is not one. I didn't get any Green Lovebird, but I kind of wish I had. Curious what the two are like together. 

Vanilla cupcakes dusted with cardamom.

This is a very sugary, fluffy vanilla cake while wet, and the cake settles down and the scent becomes a little more about sugared spices as it dries. If you like cake scents (and I certainly do) it absolutely delivers! It's almost mouth-watering.

It reminds me a lot of My Little Grotesque from the Lilith blends a couple years ago, and that's one of the few scents I regretted not getting, with a bit less cardamom and a bit more pink fluff.

I love the cardamom note in this; it's sugared and clear and probably my favorite cardamom note I've smelled so far from any house honestly. The cotton candy and cake come out more as the scent dries down. Everything melds beautifully. This wasn't one I initially had on my radar, but I'm really glad I ended up with a decant. It smells lovely with Green Lovebird, too. 

Basic idea: very sweet, gourmand, creamy, rich.

Notes I can pick out: vanilla frosting, white cake, cotton candy, a little cardamom, and a hint of something pleasantly sour.

Wow this is sweet. The vanilla frosted white cake is by far the strongest note and it's very rich. This is the kind of cake you take a few delicious bites of and then push the plate away because it's just too much. The cotton candy is also a fairly prominent note and of course only adds to the sweetness. The cardamom is far weaker and softer than I imagined it would be. I wouldn't even call this scent spicy. There is also a hint of something sour in here... to me, it smells like cream cheese, but that doesn't make much sense because confetti cake generally doesn't have cream cheese frosting. Maybe I'm actually smelling the sprinkles in the cake? Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it. It's the only thing in here that tempers the sweetness even slightly.

So anyway, yeah. Far too sweet for me. To be fair though, I expected it to be too sweet based on the notes. I only tried it because everyone seemed to love it so much.

Okay so this is very very cardamom forward. I swapped a high value bottle for two bottles of this so I was very hype to receive this not going to lie I thought this would be my signature scent. It's very cardamom and very dusty at first application. This quickly becomes a gooey pink scent extremely similar to Plastic Pink Flamingo. There's also the cake part reminding me of My Little Grotesque. This is almost a perfect mashup of PPF and MLG. Supringly not as sweet as Perfectly Normal Childhood. Perfectly Normal Childhood is a loooot sweeter and has more of a prominent vanilla cake note.  Pink Lovebird is nice and I don't regret getting two bottles but I do wish it was stronger. This is very light cake with a lot of cardamom.

Update: Now I'm getting the drydown and it smells so similar to Sprinklecake! THAT is the confetti cake! New favorite perfume for sure, the cardamom lasts for a while until it dries down to a spun sugar Sprinklecake! Sort of almond-y and sprinkle-y.

Edited by Madonna Lily

2020 version.

Very, green, citrusy cardamom dominant with whiffs of pink cotton candy and confetti cake below.

Still cardamom dominant on me 40 minutes after application.

I'd like it more if the other notes were stronger, or the cardamom wasn't so intense.

og version. A delicious pink, sugarygrittyness with some… sweet lemon? in there. It's delightful, very edible thanks to the cardamom. Delightful and i wish my dear frottler knew just how thankful i am. ;-;

So I remember liking the Og release but not as much as I like this round! I mainly get the confetti cake which I absolutely love. Not very cardamom heavy, it’s mostly on the drydown. I bet I can get away with this one at work as I usually alternate between Chibi Skull & Perfectly Normal Childhood and don’t get complaints. I might need some backups…

in the bottle and freshly applied, this is pretty tasty. WHITE cake, which i'm always on the lookout for, as opposed to a more buttery yellow-type cake. dry, non-spicy cardamom. fluffy sweetness. is that a wee touch of fruitiness coming out? it's like pink cotton candy.... not a realistic fruit, it just smells/tastes PINK.  

settling in, it is less cakey (BOO skin chem, BOO! ) but still nice. a little cake, but mostly dry cardamom nestled into sweet fluffy pinkness. 

no other human will probably ever smell this on me, but my dog and i will enjoy it very much when i'm getting my cozy hermit on. 

Definite agree the new version is a primarily white cake and cotton candy scent. Sugary light cardamom on application, basically all cake on the drydown (I am enjoying this scent, my first BPAL cake perfume!) 

Trying the 2023 version. 

Smells like delicious cake but right off the bat there's a hint of something leaning stale/plasticky. I think the cardamom? Could be the cotton candy too. The cake note is gorgeous but there's a whiff of plastic and stale frosting as soon as it hits skin. The cake batter is SO realistic but this plasticky note is a bummer. I get the earthiness of cardamom but I think it's reading very dusty on me. Worth keeping the sample to retry but not a winner for me sadly - this cake note is unreal though; if cardamom works for you it’s definitely worth a try. 

I'm getting the cake, pretty much immediately. It reminds me of Two Frames and Peppermint Cream Cupcake, you know, except without the peppermint or lavender. I also get strawberry flavored spun sugar. There is cardamom here. The whole thing reminds me of a strawberry flavored powdered meal replacement drink, which really doesn't smell as bad as it sounds.

Verdict: Cardamom, strawberry, vanilla shake with maybe a slice of angelcake. Also spun sugar.

2023 version: It's the cake I wanted from Eat Me, but did not get. I get a lightness, a pink maybe strawberryish cotton candy that floats about here and there. I wish it stayed as nice as the wet phase. But just as emkathol mentioned there is a dusty drydown on me. It has a low throw and doesn't last long on me. I will enjoy my decant, but I don't think I will be getting a bottle. 

Edited by amoray

2023 version

Wet, this is some incredible birthday rainbow sprinkle cake smeared with pink frosting. As it dries, the cake tones down and you're left with the pink cotton candy frosting and cardamom cake crumbs. I don't get a lot of cardamom, it's just there to spice up the cake a bit rather than being a main player.

This is really yummy, but I wish that good cake note stuck around a bit longer.

2023 version. 

I love the combination of cake and cardamom, though I agree this is definitely less sweet than Perfectly Normal Childhood. The cotton candy gives a faint fruitiness that also makes it different. A lot of fruit notes go strange on me, but it stays soft and indistinct. A soft, delightful cake scent. 

2023 version:

Yes, this is white confetti cake, just what I wanted from Sprinklecake back in the day, but that was dusty chocolate and broke my heart. This incarnation of Pink Lovebird apparently has much less cardamom, but there's still enough to keep the cotton candy sweetness in check. I agree that this is soft and has low throw. I'll keep my decant, but Velvet Unicorn still reigns as my favorite cotton candy scent.