Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

such a chilly mint. It is refreshing to see such a lovely minty scent in lupers as its traditionally a yule note. I do not get pistachio here, and I am grateful as that is another note that goes almond on my skin. What I did get is a vanilla thats gourmand with a chilly mint. The spun sugar make this mint seem more buttery than say a traditional peppermint. It felt like Smelling pillow mints. Pretty. 

ANDES MINTS! Seriously, those little chocolate mint rectangles you get at Olive Garden or wherever? Green Lovebird is giving off serious Andes vibes. Something about the sugar and pistachio together maybe are reading as vaguely chocolately to my nose, but it's in the background, while WHOA VANILLA MINT dominates the foreground. To me, this is pretty far away from an herby mint leaf; Green Lovebird is all about the sugared mint flavoring in a confectioner's treat. Those who go wild for that gourmand sweet vanilla mint will be really into this.

While I get tons of those first two notes, pistachio itself is hiding somewhere in this blend and I'm not able to pick out the specific creamy/nutty greenness of it under the WHOA VANILLA MINT. I think a slightly more even balance of pistachio and mint would have made this lovebird a huge winner, but it's still very good as is! This has impressive throw for the first couple of hours, before it calms the eff down and turns much softer and poofier. 

While mint sweets aren't really my thing (I prefer mint leaves in blends), they are someone's, and I'm happy to report that Green Lovebird delivers the goods on that front.

Green is a strong sweet vanilla mint at first! But as it calms down a soft sweet pistachio emerges and it’s lovely. Lower throw but lasted a while. Super sweet and different take on mint. Not harsh at all. 

If you're a fan of vanilla mint, you need Green Lovebird in your life. It's a chilly, candy-like vanilla mint that fans of the Lick It scents would adore, although I do get some of that Andes Mints vibe that starbrow mentioned. The vanilla in this is not buttery like the one in Snowblind (which is reminiscent of butter mints), but it is slightly more buttery than the vanilla in the Lick It scents. The pistachio peeks out after a few hours of wear, but it remains in a background role.

When Green Lovebird is layered with Pink Lovebird, it creates this wonderful vanilla mint cake scent. The two layered are kind of like Snowblind atmo, which seems more like vanilla mint and yellow cake to my nose at times.

Of the three Lupercalia bottles that I blind bottled, Green Lovebird is my favorite. :wub2:

Vanilla mint that gives way to pistacho nuttiness, and I swear something that reminds me to absinthe. This smells to me like a more foodie vanilla absinthe blend to me. With extra sugar. Good throw and wear length.

Wowwwwww I know it's gauche to relate the elegant and thoughtful creations here to candles from a certain behemoth in the candle industry, but Green Lovebird is evocative of a decades-old beloved candle from such a company. I loved the scent so much that I used to try and recreate it by mixing Vanilla and Mint perfumes. Now, finally, I have it! This is a vanilla mint that is both crisp and comforting all at once. I love it. Can't wait to try it with Pink Lovebird. The bottles look so cute together.

Edited by frizzlechicken

This smells like a strong version of those green mints that melt in your mouth that you can still get at some restaurants. I don't get any pistachio here which is oddand nice. Combined with pink love bird, it smells like minty cardamom pink cake. Yum!

Strong, sweet vanilla mint.

While wet, this reminds me of some of the vanilla Lick It blends, just a blast of sweet cool mint candy. As it dries, a bit of the pistachio makes itself known, adding a bit of nuttiness to the blend.

I've got one Lovebird on each hand, and they definitely complement each other, slathering a minty buttercream onto Pink Lovebird's pink cupcakes, with a sprinkle of pistachio and cardamom on top.

Wet: MINT. Vanilla mint. Strong. Up my nose. Clearing out my sinuses. Mint. (Pistachio, I'm rooting for you to come out on the dry down!)

Dry: Most the vanilla has died off, but the sugary has AMPED. A very, very sweet mint scent. Sadly... no pistachio, here, which is the main reason why I wanted to try this out.

If you're a mint lover, this is worth a try, just don't be expecting much(if any) pistachio.

I usually picture minty scents as "airy," but Green Lovebird has a bit more body...like a dense buttercream/fudge texture. I agree with the Andes Mints comparisons above, and I can't quite pick out the pistachio. This bird is all chewy, minty sugar!

Ooh, it's like Snowblind! Sweet vanilla after dinner mints. I love its minty chill! I was wanting some pistachio because that's a note we don't see very often, but I'm not getting it here. Still, want a bottle of this!

This reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream; it's such a lovely ratio of vanilla and mint. I don't really pick out the pistachio, but I suspect it may be giving this scent its dense, creamy texture and keeping the mint from being sharp.

I’m also getting the mint ice cream vibe from Green Lovebird! It’s chilly, thick, and creamy. The mint flees quickly from me (normal) and the spun sugar comes floating in, lightening the heavy creamy vibe and taking center stage. I think I can detect a touch of pistachio after a while...

It’s a cute scent. I hope I can make the mint last longer on my skin, or I might try the scent locket tactic. 

Vanilla mint candies covered in tons of sugar. I can't really detect the pistachio. Reminds me of those Andes chocolates, just without the chocolate note.

If I was blindfolded and sniffed a bottle of this and Don't Lick It, I'd think they were the same blend! I smelled my bottle of the latter and they were pretty similar to me. The throw is pretty good on this which is nice! If you have the hair gloss of Stitched Together, that would be perfect with this.

I've got quite a few mints, so I won't be upgrading this. But if mint is one of you favorite notes, this is fantastic.

og version. This is tokio stomp on me, without actually going sour on my skin!! Delicious tarty minty goodness!!! Vanilla mints that have a slight nutty edge to them, with a slightly creamy base. Hmm... :wub:

starts quite minty! a little sinus-clearing for a brief bit, then settling down sweet and creamy like an after-dinner mint.  yum!

dries down much the same, with less mint.  not getting any pistachio, but perhaps it's giving the vanilla that (i hesitate to say buttery) richness

settling in, i think i'm clocking pistachio now.  it's a little almondy, which is a note i only enjoy occasionally.  i could probably roll with it here, but it also starts to go a little vanilla candle on me, and the mint grows very faint.  unfortunate!

i'm not inclined to think that aging will do huge favors for this one, but i'll give it some time for the vanilla to maybe find its footing.

Edited by MamaMoth

Like most have said, this goes on as a super chilly mint. Wet I can only smell the mint. But once it dries it turns into the loveliest mint vanilla. I *love it* layered with pink lovebird. 

I thought I wouldn't like this because I'm not into minty scents. I was SO wrong. This is so delicious. It starts off very minty and smells like those cute pastel mint nonpareil candies.  It smells green without smelling loamy or leafy. Then it dries into this pistachio scent with a light mint and vanilla. It's a creamy scent. It is quite a surprise hit for me. 

Edited by amoray

Yeah, this is the sweet minty goodness i was looking for! Its a light scent but it’s got a good throw and long wear (on my skin) I’m really in love. 

2023 version

Something is going really weird with this one on my skin. Wet, it's quite minty, probably the mintiest perfume I've ever tried. Unlike other reviewers, I don't really lose the mint as the scent wears on my skin, it just quiets down. The mint combined with the other notes becomes an odd, mildewy scent. I don't get pistachio and it's not particularly sweet. Maybe I'll have to try this again after letting the decant rest more? Really strange skin chemistry fail.

In the bottle a cloud of sugary vanilla mint, like Alisz but without the tart berry note. On my skin that beautiful creamy pistachio comes out. Absolutely delicious.

Sinus-clearing mint upon first huff, which quickly settled into mint and pistachio ice creams. When I came back to it a bit later, someone had eaten all the mint ice cream and left me with the melted remnants of nutty pistachio. Creamy and hunger-inducing, it has a sort of thickness to it, also.