Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pink Cherry & Pink Pepper

Almond and pepper. I do not care for cherry turning almond, but it actually works here. The almond note: a nutty cherry seed perhaps- is really good with pepper. Gourmand, but not desert. Might be fun for layering. If layering, I would want to put it with a peach, or maybe a really sweet cake/vanilla. OMG, yes..... pair it as a layering note, nom, nom. 

A very sweet cherry, as if some sweet pea was decking the fruit out with frilly pink ruffles. I do pick up almond in this cherry (almond is my nemesis), but strangely it's not a total ruiner. The really fun part is the pink pepper, which is bright and lively and a little spicy, and that's the note that comes out more and more as this cherry bomb dries down. Hours later, the pink zippiness of the pepper lingers and the almondy-cherry is quite faint - which makes me happy. One of the best of the cherries, but still not really in my wheelhouse, and I didn't expect it to be.

This one doesn’t disappoint! I amp the cherry and pepper, and they go so well together! The cherry does fade eventually, but leaves a fruity, happy pepper behind. I think cherry fans could be disappointed that cherry doesn’t last longer, but pepper fans will be happy with such a wearable pepper. 

Playful, pinkish cherries. I seem to also smell sweet pea or something like it; this reminds me so much of Mouse’s Long and Sad Tale.

A little pink pepper nips at the edges, subtle at first, but becoming stronger and more black peppery on me as the blend dries.

This starts out with a gorgeous black cherry note and then dries into the loveliest pink pepper note that tickles my nose.  It's worth the investment for a bottle...it's glorious.

This starts off with an almost candy-like cherry with some gummy pink pepper, but the pink pepper becomes more prominent and peppery over time, making this a tart cherry with a peppery kick. The cherry is not as bold as a black cherry and goes from candy-like, to juicy, to tart. This is like a lighter version of Red from the Fraggle Rock line, which also features tart fruits and pink pepper. But this is much stronger on the pink pepper, as the cherry fades over time until it is just barely there.

If this had stayed in the candy-like cherry realm that I got in the beginning, I would be slathering this and pairing it with Dragon Bouffant HG. Alas.

I'll have to see if my boyfriend likes it, though, because Red is his favorite scent to wear.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Wet: A cherry tootsie pop (before you get to the.. "chocolate").

Dry: Ah, there's the pink pepper! Unfortunately, most of the cherry is gone. Strong on the pink pepper, light on the cherry. Pretty light scent overall, though. Darn.

I'll probably keep this around just to use up in my hair. 

The pink pepper gives this an almost fizzy element that makes me associate this with cherry cola. I really like it, but it doesn't last long on my skin. Maybe I should try it in my hair as well. Pink pepper is one of those notes I have a weakness for, and it's bright and fun paired with the cherry. 

This is a weird one. 

It starts off with an intense blast of almond-cherry, which I'm a big fan of. It moves into a peppery stage, which while nice completely dominates the fragrance. It than faded down for another half an hour to almost nothing. Than my skin makes everything go south. It started with a sort of dryness to it, a sweet musty smell, the cherry combining with something unknown in the background. A few hours of strange dry sickly changes later this has gone full play-dough on me, in almost the exact same way that amber does. I have no idea if this has amber in it or if I'm having a strange reaction the the cherry note, as I know the labs pink pepper works on me, but this goes from such a realistic candied cherry almond to something that is a dry slightly salty flour mess on me. I'll be sending this off to a new home, for someone who'se skin lets this evolve in the true candy dream it is in the imp. 

Thoughts before testing: Pink pepper is one of my favorite notes but cherry has been wildly hit or miss on my skin. I'm intrigued but fully prepared to write this off as "good for her but not for me". 

Wet: Strong almondy cherry. Very pretty! 

Dry down: The cherry burns off in the first 5 minutes, leaving a really bright and sparkly pepper. 

Dry: The pepper hangs around for a surprisingly long time. It took a good 5 hours before I had to really smell it. That pretty cherry never made a reappearance, sadly. 

Final thoughts: If this kept the cherry note around longer instead of being just a single note pepper experience, I'd like this a lot more. I'm trying to keep my collection ruthlessly pared down and I don't think I have room for a pepper single note. 

Verdict: Lovely, but not keeping. 

In the bottle and when wet I get very strong almond, as others have noted, and artificial cherry, with no pepper to speak of. As it dries, it begins to smell exactly like a cherry-scented plastic My Little Pony or something (does anyone else remember scented toys from the '90s?). Like, I can very clearly smell plastic under a vague suggestion of synthetic cherry. I'm actually kind of impressed that they managed to conjure something so specific for me, but it's still pretty unpleasant as far as an actual fragrance goes. Unfortunately, the pink pepper never makes an appearance.

I knew this would be a gamble but I was just curious enough to give it a shot. Definitely not for me, but impressive in a weird sort of way.