Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Black Fig & Cherry

My favorite Cherry Bomb, but that's because it's allllll fig, all the time. Plump, ripe fig meat, luscious and dark and woody. This is not for the fig haters, or even the fig tolerators; this is for the fig devotees, who just can't get enough of that Mediterranean fruity goodness. This is so rich, it almost smells like fig cream, it's that wafty and gourmand.

I didn't get any almond from this blend, hallelujah! I also didn't get much cherry at all. Whatever's there is backing up the fig with a splash of juicy red fruit, rather than the more candied almond-extracty type of cherry. This is the perfect choice for someone like me who doesn't do well with most cherries and does amazing with fig. Just be forewarned that this fig is not shy in the slightest, and it will demand that you adore it or else it's here to ruin your day. I plan to dig up a decant of this and see if I need a bottle!

Extremely linear and no morphing. This scent is exactly the same twelve hours later, and definitely has a solid throw. I do prefer dried fig (which to me is sweeter), and this is a fresh leaning toward greenish fig. Same fig note as in Waltzing Matilda to my nose, but Matilda is more gourmand with the vanilla. Small burst of fruit in this blend that is consistent throughout to dry down. Its a simple blend, but strong throw. I think it was an excellent addition to the cherry bomb collection and I really enjoy the variety of blends here. 

Dark fig, and a whiff of cherry. My skin literally ate this up in like 10 minutes. It did smell glorious in those first ten though.

Oh, this is nice.

Fleshy black fig, sweetened and reddened with black cherry. Sumptuous. The sultry offering in the Cherry Bomb line.

This is juicy, sweet with a little tartness from the cherry. It's a very fig forward smell and dries down beautifully. I wish it stayed longer! I would say my skin ate this one up. Light to Medium throw, but lasted about 3 hours. 

If this were a hair gloss, I'd be so down. Hint hint, lab! :)

One month later... I used my whole decant. I have a lot of decants, so to go through one in a month means it's pretty dang good. Upgraded to a bottle. This will be great for layering. So yummy!

Edited by Madame Mew

This smells like black cherry and dry fig.  I really like it. Fig normally goes poof on my skin, but here it is gorgeous! Bottleworthy

Around here, people seem to feel very strongly about fig, and that’s the reason I bought this. Just to see...

And now I get it. Give me ALL FIG ALL THE TIME. *swoon* There’s a whiff of cherry here when the scent is wet, but it’s gone quickly and I’m left with Deep Fig Perfection (new band name, I called it!).

Wet: Adorable, sweet, cuddly fig, something green & almost piney, & wood. No cherry?
Dry: the cherry is finally emerging, but my skin is throwing the balance off, somehow. I get hints of how the notes fit together, but alas, my skin amps the green. Not for me, darn it.

FIG! 
I agree this is the same fig I got in Waltzing Matilda, and a powerhouse. In the first stages, I get a touch of the cherry, yet barely. This is a perfumey, woodsy, and somehow sweet bubbly fig. I slathered and it had throw like whoa, aand lasted! A rare occurrence on my skin. 

I’ve been in such a weird fig mood recently, and I this one wear satisfied that craving so hard.
Do I need more than this decant? *shrugs* We’ll see how I feel once this finally wears off.

I’m thankful for the lovely lady who shared some  of this & other figgies with me! 

This is a gorgeous scent, my only disappointment being that the cherry takes a seat way, way, waaaaaaaay in the back. Sadly, this was true for all the Cherry Bomb decants I tried. I guess my skin just eats that note up.

Even so, the fig is stunning. It's lush and rich, and dark, yet it's not heavy and perfectly suited to a casual day out. I may need to see if I can still get a bottle.

I don't usually wear fruit-only scents, but fig and cherry are two of my favorite fruit notes, and an ultra generous forumite passed this decant on to me.  It's a satisfying dark chewy fig well balanced at first with a rich red cherry.  There's a slight almost Jolly Rancher tartness to the cherry, an earthiness to the fig.  Delicious!  But because I wear fruit so seldom, I will probably pass this baby on.  

I wanted to like this so so so badly. Mainly because with the fig as one note, I figured it had to be something I'd like.

To be fair, in the bottle, it ALMOST smelled like a strange fruit cake & I was down for that. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was not bad.

Wet: O.K. well, it's not fig cough syrup, but it's not really fig anything. I'm not sure it's cherry either. My skin has turned it into a sort of sticky molasses smell that might be expired. 
Dry: Nope. No thank you. It smells like tyre rubber & I would like it to go home. To give it a fair shake though, I waited an hour. Around then, it morphed into a tyre that someone had braked too hard with & I decided I needed to drive it home, it was drunk. I washed it off my wrists, inner elbow, & one shoulder (a surprisingly good test spot if you don't have to cover it any time soon). 

Decent throw, though. No one was around for the test, so I couldn't get a second opinion. 

(For anyone who saw my post about being able to smell now, this is after that. The note prior just said, "In bottle: Smells like a cherry cake. Should be lovely." It has nothing else, so I assume I promptly forgot I owned it.)

Edited by TheLampades
wording

In the imp: Squashed figs and cherry pie filling.

Wet: Pulpy green fig innards sticky with milk, dark black chery syrup.

Dry: A sweet, close-to-the-skin cherry, foodie but not overly so, and vanilla-tinged fig juices.

Shorter lived, at around 6 hours, with a mild throw that strengthens slightly in the drydown. 

Stars: ★★★½