Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Milk Chocolate & Honey Cream

Woof, that is some kickin honey cream. Thick gloops of sharp honey, freshly squeezed out of a honey bear, onto blobs of cream that are definitely dairy based, and the combination tends to go a little sour to me, while still richly gourmand. It's the kind of honey I can't wear because it's so sharp, it goes right up my sinuses and into my brain like a spike . Honey, why you gotta do me like that?

Faintly beneath the honey, there's a whiff of milk chocolate like the whiffs you get from the bottom of an empty trick-or-treating jack-o-lantern basket when all the Halloween candy is gone and the memory of chocolaty sugar rushes remains. It wasn't not premium milk chocolate, but there were some winners amid the tootsie rolls and off-brand wrappers. I wish the chocolate was a little more prominent and the honey was a little softer, but there are lots of chocolate blends out there, not as many honeys, and especially honey cream. So this is for those foodies who really dig the bright/rich varieties of honey and are craving a little chocolate to amp up the sweetness.

This one is really lovely. Its the softest milk chocolate note with a sweet honey. I would say it is more honey than chocolate.Very sweet. Its cuddly chocolate. Fresh honeycomb dipped in milky chocolate. I love this one but I love honey.

Honey cream, honey dust, and milk chocolate. I swear, I ate a honey comb chocolate bonbon like this at one point in my life, and now I want it again. If only I remembered the maker! 

I really love this. It was a blind-bottle purchase for me, and it did not disappoint. It wears pretty closely both wet and dry for me, and it has a warm honey mixed with the milk chocolate. There is almost an undertone of what I would call a chocolate-covered raisin candy. It is very comforting and has a lasting wear length.

This is sooooo good!  It will definitely be in heavy rotation for me.  The honey is a much different honey than in other BPAL blends I’ve tried.  This is by far my favorite honey from them so far.  It is creamy and chocolatey and so good!  No floral note with the honey which is how I prefer it!

Creamy, cocoa-heavy chocolate. A really lovely chocolate, although no honey. This starts to turn stale as it dries, and when the honey note does come in it’s like a dry honey-flavored candy.

Milk chocolate is the strongest note, it almost overpowers the honey cream. The honey part is hard to pick out for me, so it's mostly chocolate and cream. When it's dry, it turns a little powdery, probably from the honey I'm guessing? It also turns a little bit waxy on me as well, but it's not enough for me to dislike it. 

It's pretty good, but I want to try more BPAL chocolate blends before I decide to get a bottle of this. Especially since there's barely any honey in here for me. Throw and wear time are pretty good though, which is a bonus!