Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dark Chocolate & Dried Red Fruits

YUM! Even though this comes from the box of chocolates, this is less confectionery chocolate and more chocolate cookie with raspberry icing. The dark chocolate stays true on the skin and doesn't go sour, and the berry note is light and pleasant, definitely a little candied versus the juicy tartness of fresh fruit. I think you have to be a fan of both chocolate and berry notes to enjoy wearing this one for any length of time, but considering that I usually don't like chocolate-with-fruit combos, this one was oddly tempting. I think I'd like a decant of it a whole lot.

This was lovely! Initial application on me this Smelled like a dry dark cocoa wafer cookie with fruit. Yes, cookie. I could smell the “crunch”. Today (dry down) it smells less like cookie and more like Brookside dark chocolate covered blueberry and Acai. I think the fruit is more forward than the dark chocolate, which makes this a lovely fruity gourmand blend. very strong throw, and aside from the cookie blast I thought the scent begins with, it stays pretty linear. Closest scent I have sampled to being like this is Arcana Craves Blueberries Crave Cocoa. Yum! 

Chocolate, raspberry mousse, touch of blueberry, and a cookie base? I think this is the chocolate that smells the most like a chocolate bonbon, traditional fruit filling. Good throw and wear length.

Methinks at least some or all of the "Dried Red Fruits" consist of currants, because this is pulling a little sharp and sour on my skin in the very same way Eat Me did. The dark chocolate smells lovely, but it doesn't quite have that bite I was looking for. I've only had it for a few weeks, so I'll hold onto this and retest it periodically to see if it improves.