Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I had no idea what to expect from this odd combo, but it's really nice.  Possibly my favorite of the chocolates.  If you like moss, you should check this one out.  If you liked How Doth the Little Crocodile, but then those darn pencil shavings screwed it up - you should check this out. 

The chocolate is dry, sweet and blends with the moss to create something akin to a dusky chocolate mint.  The fragrance grows creamier as it dries down, and I find it profoundly comforting.  I suspect there's a little hint of black musk in here making things fuzzy in the dry down.  I get a little more moss than cocao, keeping this from something I'd call foody, but the chocolate is present.  Happy I was introduced to this one.  :smile: 

I smell like I'm about to go make a dawn offering to the fae, and I absolutely love it. Might need a bottle of this one. If anyone decides that Cacao and Black Moss isn't working for them, hit my messages :D

Edited by avilion

I actually got an herbal vibe from this scent.
It's not gourmand on me at all. Instead, I'm getting an Earth Mother, herbalist sort of scent. This scent isn't sweet on me at all, and the moss isn't a fresh green scent. This is dark, unisex and fairly close to the skin.

This called to me. Normally, while I like to eat chocolate, the chocolate scents don't usually become keepers. This one is a keeper, and I'm ordering another. It's reminiscent of a forest, dark, deep, old, fragrant with black earth. Yes, I smell chocolate; yes, I smell moss. Together, a forest. Images of the forest in the movie Legend when the bear passes by.

Love this one. In the bottle:  Raw cocoa nibs and a sort of dampness; I was instantly transported to some schmancy chocolate shop in Brooklyn that had reclaimed wood paneling.  Sweet and dark with a bit of dust almost.  On, wet:  The sort of damp, dark sacks of cocoa nibs scent starts to pick up and the damp notes sort of assert themselves and cut down the sweetness of the cocoa.  Again, there used to be a gallery in DUMBO in Brooklyn that was a converted spice and chocolate warehouse; it was falling apart damp wood that smelled like either spice or chocolate depending what room you were in.  Drydown:  After several hours, I get a dry, deep cocoa with the slightest bit of greenish musk maybe?  A hint of decay?  Anyway I really like it.  Medium throw and wear length.  

This is stunning. Subdued, but stunning. I can't compare it to anything. Mossy dry cocoa. If this sounds up your alley at all, go for it! I will enjoy wearing this one out for crisp autumn walks after the bears have started to hibernate. I love this so much.

I still love this but wanted to add that it has a cologney quality that I wasn't getting until now. The cocoa sticks around for a while with the moss, and then the moss comes into its own and becomes this seriously gorgeous dark cologne. It has also become much stronger with age - holy moly one dab will do it.

Edited by HerbGirl