Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Belgian Chocolate, Black Pepper, Whiskey, & Bourbon Vanilla

In the bottle, I get sweet chocolate and pepper mixed with booze. Surprisingly, this smells exactly like what you’d expect on, and completely nothing like the description on my husband. I figured I would morph it, too. Chocolate is the most apparent, with pepper fading to the background. I guess the whisky, too. I thought this would be more outstanding given some of the similar box of chocolates from previous years, but it’s a really wearable chocolate on me. 

This is just lovely...I find the notes blend so well together they are a bit difficult to pick out individually. Creamy chocolate, a bit of pepper heat and whiskey booziness, with vanilla sweetening it up in the background. 

I just had to have this one because I love all notes as individual ingredients, so I devised a cake based on this. TO. DIE. FOR.

I get a blast of booze and chocolate, with pepper and vanilla rolling right behind. Then they all kind of jumble together and there’s an unexpected fruitiness from something. When they all start finding their places, black pepper reigns, wrapped in chocolate. Then, they al kind of mute down to a cozy soft sweet scent, kind of ambiguous. 

I was excited about this because I’ve been really liking boozy scents recently, especially whiskey/bourbon. Unfortunately, this doesn’t really have a sweet spot on me, yet. I’ll probably put my decant away to settle and re-visit in a few months. 

In the decant: Creamy, boozy chocolate and vanilla, with just a hint of pepper. Once it's on, it goes through a plasticky phase, and while this does go away on drydown, the chocolate mostly goes with it. The end result is a sort of peppery vanilla with a hint of whiskey -- surprisingly sophisticated! I'm pretty okay with the end result after the initial plasticky phase, but I don't need more than a decant.

Chocolate, with a hint of vanilla and booze. On wet, I got a peppery bloom, but basically it dries down to a chocolate + vanilla booze mix. Medium throw and wear length.