Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Banana Cream, Black Coconut & Raw Chocolate

Banana notes must be so tricksy. This one is up to all sorts of pranks. In the bottle and wet, I smelled a very authentic banana laffy taffy; sweet and waxy, quite chewy, and flavored with vanilla-ish banana. Others compared it to banana cream pie, banana pudding, vanilla wafers, etc. So it's definitely a light, sugary, creamy banana flavoring, that may not really remind you of fresh bananas but rather the treats that are made with them (or their imitations). 

Missing in action at first are the black coconut and raw chocolate. The banana stays a consistent top note for several hours, and it's only much later that it floats away to nothing. Then, I get a mixture of dark sweet things that almost reminds me, weirdly, of oak. I think it's the woodiness of the black coconut and the bitterness of the raw chocolate that somehow are combining in my nose to give this a more resiny presence than a gourmand one. No sign of the beach or suntan lotion with this coconut, either! As has proved the case with many Lupers this year, I love the base notes and am not crazy about the top note. This is a very pretty drydown, as long as you are into those banana treats!

In the bottle, I smell banana Runts candy. During dry down, the cream part comes out, and it smells a lot more like banana cream pie. The coconut seems to slowly make it’s appearance more known and edging closer to BBW Creamy Coconut. I don’t detect any chocolate, but it could be adding to the overall creaminess. 

This smells exactly like it should.  :smile:  Banana pudd'n and chocolate.  A fun gourmand given the rarity of banana perfume.  I do smell all three notes, but the banana is the stand out here.  It smells real to me, but leans far more into super ripe, squished with sugar banana vs. a fresh tropical banana.

ETA:  Alas, I would have kept my partial for novelties sake and my nostalgia towards banana pudding, but apparently my skin soaks it up like nothin'.  Gone in half an hour for me.  😕  Swaps!

Edited by VetchVesper

Coconut, banana, and dusty chocolate. I have to say that on wet, this is mainly a screeching fake banana top note. After two minutes, the coconut rises and attempts to wrestle the banana into a more peaceful coexistence. Chocolate rides up to referee the match. Now, its almost as if they are having a civilized boxing match. Great throw and wear length of course.

I think that this is wonderful and not artificial smelling at all.  I did find that it was light and a little dry smelling when it was fresh out of the mailbox, but it's a completely different scent after letting it settle for a couple weeks.  I've worn it several times now and just love it.  It reminds me of frozen, chocolate covered bananas and then a banana split with coconut infused whipped cream and drizzles of sweet, warm, melted chocolate.  It's strong and lasts all day on me and it morphs around a lot.  One moment it's mostly banana cream, then just whipped cream, or mostly chocolate or coconut, and then it starts all over again.  I'm wearing it now and smell like fudgey brownies.  It's a whole gourmand experience to me.

This is an immensely decadent chocolatey banana cream. It's artificial banana, but I happen to love artificial banana flavoring! Wet, this is mostly banana cream and chocolate. Coconut peeks out as the oil warms (and dries). It's surprisingly balanced, without ever becoming sickeningly sweet or overly dry, and stays absolutely true to the notes. The cream note does its usual thing on me late into drydown where it turns into a plasticky single note, but honestly, the main body of this scent lasts for so long that the day's about over by the time it happens anyways. This one's a keeper!

Total fan of all three notes, at least in theory.

In the bottle: This one is *so* familiar, I think it is a kissing cousin of Sloth, which I adore.

Wet: Someone poked open a can of Hershey’s chocolate syrup and poured it invisibly all over my wrists. Which, I’ll be honest, I’m ok with that, too. I now wish I had that little dark chocolate colored can in my fridge or pantry, but I know I don’t. Secretly revising grocery list for next run.

Drydown/dry: Uh-oh...what?!??! What just *happened* here, on my skin. I know this scent very well too — but it’s not banana cream, it’s not coconut anything, and it’s *definitely* no longer chocolate. It takes me a bit to figure this out, and I don’t know why or how my chemistry did it, but... On me, this scent goes from chocolate to suddenly...maybe a frozen chocolate covered banana? And then converts pretty quickly to snorkeling equipment drying in the garage, then even more specifically, the anti-fog we rub into the masks before positioning them and sliding into the sea.

My skin chemistry must be whack right now. Final result is straight-up No More Tears in a salty snorkeling mask, with a hint of high performance sport SPF, the kind that doesn’t smell at all like coconut, and maybe smells more like a clean island drugstore or like the guy on the boat who you borrowed it from, who is a guy’s guy or a little bit shy of you and who says he doesn’t care what it smells like as long as it works.

I realize that all may sound horrible, but I’m laughing: I can’t say that I hate it or that it doesn’t work for me. On the contrary, I love it! :D Just not for any of the reasons I expected. A weird and happy surprise. I’ll update if it’s different the next time I wear it!

I really love this one too.  For me I get an awesome banana top note that fades really fast on me and I’m left with a light tropical coconut with a hint of banana...I can see myself wearing this a lot in the summer!  I do get a hint of the chocolate later on as I wear it!

Same banana note from Sloth coming on strong in the first inning. It smells like banana candy and a tiny bit of vanilla. Banana perfumes make me happy, so novel and fun. After a few minutes, like other reviewers, the coconut becomes the top note along with the creaminess of the chocolate. Poof! the banana is completely gone and this is all yummy coconut creaminess, like eating the top, fluffy layer of cream pie. Wonderful for hot summer days, but I could also see wearing this on a cold, frosty night. Delish!!

Edited by Jenjin

Picture a frozen banana dipped in chocolate, then rolled in coconut This is foodie bliss Just the chocolate and coconut notes together are heaven, and then the banana makes it young and fun. I looove this coconut note and everything about this scent!

Creamy banana coconut, not getting too much chocolate but to me it doesn't resemble raw. More like milk chocolate I'd say. The banana in here is fantastic but the coconut is also lovely and sweet. Kinda like banana cream pie with a dusting of cocoa and coconut I'd say. 

A great BPAL banana, probably one of the best. Super creamy and slightly tropical from the coconut. A favorite!

This is delicious banana pudding with coconut dusted on top. It’s really yum. In the dry down the chocolate comes out as a light powder with banana still lingering lightly. So good. Medium throw and wear time.