Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Oh jeeze, am I the first to review this? 

Wet, I get a lot of apple and floral incense. As this dries, however, the apple all but disappears on me and the orchid comes out in full force.  The wisteria isn't screeching on me like it usually is, and the poppies and incense smoke add a dustiness to this.  It's a dry floral incense blend. Medium throw.

Orchid, wisteria and incense. This smells like a purple orchid incense. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: Orchid, incense, and apple pulp. The orchid and incense are the strongest notes here, but you can get a tiny bit of the apple pulp, which is adding some sweetness. 

Dry: The apple pulp pretty much disappeared, and the orchid and incense are still going strong. I think this is a really nice floral incense blend, without it being headache-inducing (that I find some florals to be). 

If the floral notes and incense appeal to you, try this! If you're looking for apple pulp, you may be disappointed, though.

I was a little weary about the apple in this blend. (since my school bus mate drowned herself in B&B Country Apple back in the 90's I can't stand the scent)

I was pleasantly surprised.

The apple pulp and poppies take a distant back seat to the wisteria and orchid in this blend. Sadly, I'm not getting much incense from my decant. I would have loved BPAL's incense (like the one in 7SW Lust) with a wisteria scent, but I'm mostly getting a smooth, creamy wisteria musk. Don't be mistaken, I love this scent!

Wisteria is usually a sweet and sometimes cloying scent. For me, this blend makes wisteria a softer floral. It's blended, smooth, creamy and close to the skin. I'm not getting a lot of poppy from my decant which suggests that it isn't a major player in this blend.

I recommend this blend to lovers of orchid and wisteria and to those that feel that wisteria is a bit too sweet.

Tart apple and orchid...a different, unexpected combination. Feels very young. Not really my style. Off to swaps.

This starts out cheerful and bright. I get a tangy cherry note that may be coming from the poppy? Apple shows up briefly. Then I am hit with a strong hairspray note. It does tone down, but remains for a good hour. There has to be white musk in this. I really don't get any incense or orchid. I do get hours of lovely, sweet wisteria. I can smell something indolic, but it isn't overwhelming (I abhor indoles, so it shouldn't be an issue for those with an appreciation). It remains sweet and musky for hours. Throw is average/above average. I may try it again at a later date, as it is a newer bottle before I decide. For now, there is just too much high pitched musk for me.

3 out of 5 stars.

Very pretty!  Fresh, bright, fruity floral that is well balanced between the orchid, poppy, and apple. It smells like apple blossom to me. As One Girl dries down, it darkens and the wisteria and incense come out. I'm iffy on wisteria, but here it's nice. It's avoiding soapy or screechy territory. The incense is a bit smoky and adds a lot of depth to the background.

Really pretty. I want to see how long it wears, but this might go on my big bottle wishlist. 

If you are a fan of orchid, definitely check this one out. Apple blossom and wisteria lovers might also appreciate this one, as well as those who like fruity incense.  If your main interest is the apple, you might be disappointed. 

Edited by VetchVesper

right off i should say i am not an apple/fruity fan but was intrigued by the other notes in this, so figured WTH. in the very beginning i get apple, wisteria and orchid. not terrible but a bit too sweet for me. a minute or so later, the apple fades a bit and the wisteria gets bolder. i like this better. then later the orchid takes over and i sense all the other notes, primarily orchid. it goes through a shampoo-like phase, clean and floral, then it gets more incensy, like an orchid incense with apples. a solid like but not a love from me. i actually would prefer this as an incense, rather than a perfume, come to think of it.

2022 version:

This...this is not it. Jasmine sambac, who invited you to this party? A stinky, brash floral that I do not love straight from the flower - I went to a nursery and smelled it! - and it is here here here. It's HERE. There is no room for apple in jasmine sambac's aura; she is a diva, and she will be heard.

All the other notes wish they were at this party, but really, they are just faded flowers whimpering in the shade of Jasmine Sambac. The florals are truly out of control in this blend. The high-pitched indoles of them are SCREAMING. You come to this party because you love this wild flowery romp. You want Jasmine to dirty dance with you. You want to get high with indigo poppy in the bathroom.

Incense smoke was maybe present in this apartment like two weeks ago. It's long since faded from the room.

I was fooled by the collection of notes into thinking I might enjoy the 2022 rendition, but alas, it's not my cup of tea. 

I'm not getting any apple but I don't miss it. I like orchid and I love Great Vampire Bat (Incense touched jungle orchid) so I was curious if there would be something similar from the orchid/incense here, but this is more in the realm of a soft orchid centered floral with incense in the other room. Low throw.

Honestly, i've had this with all the lupers I've gotten this year- Exactly what I imagined, and pretty much exactly the notes in the description. Scrumptious red juicy apples, deep purply incense and florals. Not a huge throw but hoping this will age well. Hmmm..

Definite floral here, a bit sharp.  Orchid, poppies and incense mainly.   I’m really picky about the florals I wear.  I like them on the sweet gourmand side, and this just doesn’t fit.

Might be too early to tell, I've had this on for about 2 hours, but my experience so far is pretty close to @VetchVesper. I totally can see the apple blossom connection!

At first this smells like how a box of imps smells to me: that mix of resins, florals, and other bits and bobz. I took about an hour nap, and woke up wondering what smelled so nice and clean. Yep, it's One Girl! 

She's kinda got a sweet, sophisticated, powdery floral thing going on. I reckon I can tag incense, that might actually be where some of that lovely clean vibe is coming from. Reminds me of Midnight on The Midway, slightly aquatic. I do get a teeny bit of fruit in the back, but it doesn't read apple to me, just vagually fruit, but mostly floral. Couldn't tell you which floral dominates, but wisteria and I usually gel, and we party here, too!

Not quite what I was hoping it would be, but not at all what I feared could happen. I actually really like this a lot and glad I picked it up this year! 

Also have the 2022 version. It goes on billowing wisteria with a hint of apple for me. It actually reminds me a lot of wisteria blossoms at this stage which I used frequently last year. After it dries down I get the incense and orchid. The apple adds some freshness. Very decent throw and average wear time.