Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Enchantment

This is a warm, sweet, and sensual oil that radiates a soft, rose-tinted charismatic glow. It is a poem in a bottle, a tender ballad, a girdle of gentle glamour; this is an oil of epic romance, of nobility, compassion, and valor – of love that inspires story and song.

Includes: rose absolute, organic rose petals, jasmine absolute, bourbon vanilla, powdered vanilla bean, lemon balm, honey absolute, benzoin resinoid, butter C02 extract, helichrysum, and strawberry natural fruit compound. Please note that this oil is not vegan.

I need something gentle, charismatic, inspiring, and why not a Twilight Alchemy Blend?

This is very strongly rose and melissa (that topnote of lemon balm), also with a thin but present note of honey floating above the rose.  Initially the rose is wet, quite dewy, damp, with a bit of time it softens a smidge but this is still very rose forward.  The jasmine now comes out a bit as a smokey almost incense-like topnote, you can tease it apart from the rose, and then... wow, there's the sweet smush of a subtle but strawberry pulp.  Though I'm not getting much immortelle (helichrysum) it may be hiding under everything or supporting the bright floral/fruit that is the initial weartime.  

I'm a huge rose amplifier (Elizabeth of Bohemia?  Ehhhh?) so after some time it still reads very much as a dewy real rose.  I think that tempering the complete floral is the honey, vanilla, and butter.  Benzoin is vanilla-like (and I am a smidge worried about using benzoin directly on my skin as it -can- be a sensitizer), though none of that is a primary note.

Throw: intense!  Immense!  

Lasting Power: <in progress> but so far, hours

So, when I was in high school, there was a magic shop that used to sell all sorts of pagan, Wiccan, and occult stuff.  I used to love to go in, and they had a "Cancer" perfume oil that smelled aaaamaaaazing.  I never knew what was in it, but it smelled a LOT like this does in the bottle.  I guess it makes sense that the mysterious "Cancer" perfume had roses in it.  This is more obviously rosy though.

On my skin - oh dear.  😕 The lemon balm is very prominent on me at first, along with the jasmine.  Lemon balm frequently goes wacky with my chemistry, so others' mileage may vary.  The rose has taken a back seat.  I guess with the butter, vanilla, and honey, I was expecting something a bit foodier, but this is all floral on me. 

I might be getting a hint of natural strawberry as this dries down, and the rose is reappearing.  Ok -- it's circling back to something like what I smelled in the bottle.  Nice.  I do get a hint of powdery vanilla.  It's not bad on me, but not something I'd wear often.  Very floral and reminds me of the Conjure Bag blends, especially at first.  I'm interested to see how this works on others since it has so many notes. 

Definitely evokes the warmth and sweetness mentioned in the description. In the decant and for some time after applying, this comes across as primarily fresh, real rose. This morphs slowly over time -- first I get more florals, then, later, slightly creamy, vanilla-like notes (the benzoin and bourbon vanilla, maybe?) start coming out a bit, though rose stays the dominant note throughout. Pretty strong throw, and lasts for hours. 

Enchantment is a sweet and tart rose scent. It starts off with the honey, rose, and strawberry being the strongest notes on me, and there's this play between the sweet notes and the tart notes over time, with the tart rose winning out in the end. Sadly, it becomes somewhat powdery on me after a while, although I am still able to detect the rose, jasmine, and strawberry.

I was curious about this to see how it compares to Bright Goddess of the Skies and Love. This is different than both of those scents. It is not as sweet as Love (which remains the only scent I adore with a strawberry note) and not as smooth as Bright Goddess of the Skies. Since Bright Goddess of the Skies resonates with me a lot more, I am going to let my decant of this one go. But it was nice to get to try this.

I love it. The rose absolute & organic rose petals are the stars for me. Vanilla & strawberry are the second layer, with honey, herbs & butter as distant backups. Not long-lasting on my skin, but pretty good longevity in a locket.