Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Raccoon Moon 2020

Bring out the amorous trash panda in you: a winter’s backdrop of slush, snow-covered evergreens, juniper, and winter gardenia with sweet brown musk, rooty patchouli, spicy birch, hay absolute, osmanthus, and a pile of uprooted pansies.

Bottle: Backdrop of conifer and patchouli, with lots of spicy birch and a bit of soil. Florals are present, but quite faint to my nose. 

Wet: Snow and florals are coming forward while the birch and patchouli take a step back. The hay and brown musk are adding a touch of sweetness. For once, I'm getting a fair hit of osmanthus!

Dry: Subtly earthy florals tumbled up with hay, evergreens, and birch.

Overall: This was quite the morpher on me! It's just about as perfect a winter-spring crux scent as there could possibly be - it skillfully toes the line between evergreens and fresh florals. In a surprise to me, I don't get much of the gardenia at all/patchouli once it's dried, but I do get a hefty dash of osmanthus. In a way, it smells like the earth waking up after a long winter.

Starts off very slushy, and dirty, and atmospheric.  Kind of like day old dirty snow, but not in a bad way.  I smell a little bit of that wintergreeny top note of birch.  It passes through a bit of a phase where it smells like Yggdrasil before aging morphed it super minty, and then... yes, florals.  This is quite unique!  I would say there are raccoons now rutting above me, but it's just my neighbors.

Oh... wait...

Cold, slushy, dirt-packed snow among pines and junipers. I catch little understated birch, patchouli, cinnamon spice, and brown musk here and there.

Once this has dried, I could get faint white floral, but it stays scarce on me.

Raccoon is nice and slightly quirky forest blend. (After a while, the pines or something else goes a bit off on my skin, though.)

Raccoon Moon is all snow-covered, possibly sugared fir on me for the first few hours of wear, to the point that I was sure I wasn't going to get anything else out of the blend. However, it did end up morphing after a few hours to a brown musk tinged with birch and some flowers (not sure if it was the osmanthus, pansies, or both, but it did not read as gardenia to my nose). 

I agree with Casablanca's description of this one... it's a quirky sort of forest scent. I am not sure how often I would reach for it, but it is certainly an interesting scent experience, and I am glad I got to try it.

Raccoon Moon starts off as lots of minty snow and evergreens, with the juniper prominent.  After a couple of hours in, the evergreens had sweetened considerably, allowing a snuggly musk to emerge, with a little patchouli and some soil.  The florals are quite subtle on me, which suits me just fine.  I wasn't sure about this one -- I might not have ordered a decant if I hadn't gotten a whole February set -- but I'm really enjoying it and glad I got to try it.  It lasted all morning then needed to be reapplied. 

Raccoon Moon is a treat, bright citrusy snow and evergreen swirling together. I think the osmanthus  this is contributing some fruity tartness, from my experience of Sanctus (it’s the only scent where I’ve been able to distinguish the note).There’s a smear of dirt/woods gently supporting, not at all strong. The drydown is more of a soft white floral cozied by the musk, though a hint of the brightness still touches the edges. 
I took a chance on a bottle, since I’ve been loving the snow note recently and my birthday was day after Full Moon. Totally worth it, and totally unique among my collection! 

I really love this.  :lovestruck:   I like foresty notes, but I need other stuff mixed in or I start to feel like a lumberjack.  This is playful, complex and beautiful.  I almost get a berry note from the florals.  The evergreen notes are gentle and blend seamlessly with a hint of rich earth in the dry down  EThere are no hard edges or sharpness.  A properly fuzzy, sweet scent, and raccoons wrestling amorously in green, blossoming underbrush comes easily to mind.  Raccoon Moon befits its concept delightfully, and I will enjoy having this in my collection.  

Edited by VetchVesper

This starts off with lots of slushy, wintry evergreen and mint notes, along with wintergreen-like birch. As it dries down, the evergreen and minty notes fade, with earthy patchouli, hay, and subtle florals taking over. The birch is still there, but the wintry notes are mostly gone after drydown. It definitely has a brown, furry quality to it. Evocative of the name, and a good late winter/early spring scent.

Evergreens, snow, and subtle florals. This is definitely a winter in transition toward spring. Where the crocuses and other flowers are coming up through the cold and snow. Good throw and wear length.

This one is a mighty morpher. In the bottle, I could smell mostly frosty evergreen, and when I put it on at first that was what came out. It was a very foresty scent but not foreboding like some of the lab's evergreen blends can be. However, when the musk came out, it took on a decidedly sexual note. This was a seriously dirty musk on me. I don't mean that in a negative way. It was sexy and playful. I wore it to work once and got hit on by several patrons that day. That was the end of wearing this to work! Good date night blend, if you know what I mean. ;)