Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jeena

Long Lasting Patchouli?

My skin has a habit of eating up oils. Does anyone know of a nice, LONG lasting, warm (and mostly soil like) patchouli blend with (dare I say) obnoxious throw? I'm the type of person that loves to smell my perfume... all day. If it helps, my fav patchouli blend from BPAL is the La Roue de Malhuer Hair Gloss with a "blackened patcouli" note. I love it, but I need something less... fruity? Thanks in advance for any replies! 

The Yule Gingerbread Patchouli Leather & Black Musk is said to be long lasting, and is still available. Brumation looks really good. 
Tricuspid Valve

Stoned Griffin Alchemy Lab

Black Light Reactive Poster
Occupy Wall Street

Feed Me and Fill Me with Pleasure
all come to mind, as well as East African Black Patchouli SN. 

Hastur & Depraved are GC

Banshee Beat

Goblin

Tombeur (the antique patchouli note is prevalent on me)

Crowley (red patchouli)

*all of these last all day on me and sometimes I can detect them the next morning.

Agree with above posts and add Ask the Nearest Hippie to that list plus Fake News.  Not GC but available on the site now and for an unspecified period...

Oooh forgot about Goblin 

I just looked up Samhainophobia, and it seems like a perfect fit, too. 

The Imperfect Enjoyment!  Long lasting dirty patchouli, in the best way possible.

Edited by dubh_ceol

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I'm definitely going to try and get some imps/ decants when they're available... 

On 1/31/2022 at 5:04 AM, Jeena said:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I'm definitely going to try and get some imps/ decants when they're available... 

The Single Notes of Sumatran Red Patch and East African Black Patch are must-haves if you can find them! They were perfect fresh out of the bottle and mail back in the day, and now that they have aged, each one has gotten thicker and richer and they last forever! It's also fun to have both of them to learn to recognize the differences. Patchouli ages very well, so scents that are strong with that note tend to get even better with age.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:42 AM, Jeena said:

My skin has a habit of eating up oils. Does anyone know of a nice, LONG lasting, warm (and mostly soil like) patchouli blend with (dare I say) obnoxious throw? I'm the type of person that loves to smell my perfume... all day. If it helps, my fav patchouli blend from BPAL is the La Roue de Malhuer Hair Gloss with a "blackened patcouli" note. I love it, but I need something less... fruity? Thanks in advance for any replies! 

I'd also consider The Rat Speakers if you're wanting particularly earthy, comforting patchouli versus sexy patchouli. It doesn't get nearly enough love but it's all about dirt, Patchouli, and leather. Greed and Goblin are great too.