Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

JK Men Are Very Good LOL People

Pipe tobacco, leather, mid-century aftershave, a belt of bourbon and a grassy smear of mud from a fairway divot.

Clean grass, aftershave, touches of tobacco and bourbon. This smells like a clean grassy traditional men's cologne. Good throw and wear length.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I received an imp of this recently and couldn't remember any of the notes, so it turned out to be quite a surprise! Grass is the first impression I get peeking out of this, something very crisp and sharp, but it warms up quickly (and produces quite a bit of throw) into something almost sweetly herbal and maybe even a little minty -- the aftershave, I presume, warmed with leather. I can't really pick out the tobacco or bourbon individually, but to my nose at least this is a close cousin to Sherlock Holmes, which is a blend I enjoyed quite a bit. It makes sense since they share leather and tobacco as a common element. This one does strike me as a more masculine scent. 

JK Men Are Very Good etc. really hinges on that divot.  It's very much a grassy scent at first, maybe even with some dandelion thrown in, and a little soil.  Even when it dries down, it's definitely more about the cool green notes of grass and after shave than the warm brown ones of leather, tobacco and bourbon.  I love those cozy brown notes, but this is a fun twist on them and I quite like it.  Definitely on the masculine side of unisex, as the description implies, and it hangs around for much longer than most "green" scents do on me. 

Initially my nose scrunched at the sourness of this scene - sour leather. But as it dries that dirty, grassy divot comes to the forefront. If I sniff closely I get hints at what I believe to be "aftershave", which is bright. 

Sadly, this scent quickly attacks my throat, irritating it and causing me to cough. had to wash it off

I’m, surprisingly, getting a grassy version of Rogue. Or something like Boots without lavender. There’s a waxiness that is like rosin, and I don’t really get obvious tobacco. 
Very good wear length, though subtle. 
I’m gonna try it on my partner and see what the notes act like on him. A good summer scent~

Definitely a masculine scent. I can pick out the grass in the wet stage. On the dry down I can't pick out any of the individual notes but this smells incredibly close to Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch in my opinion. 

Edited by Klaatu