Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Initially: salty musk. Neither the rose nor the amber are distinctive; they meld together to create an impression of beach sand. This is a semi-tropical beach on a cool fall day with the wind driving waves against the rocks. Not much throw. With time, the rose gets a little stronger - but my chemistry also notoriously amps rose. It doesn't *dominate* the blend, but it does slowly become more floral than beach, and I can see this having a "craft store powder" effect on some people. 

Sea salt, amber and a hint of blue musk. This reminds me to the Playa Phoenix. Sort of salty, sort of beachy, sort of musky. Very gender neutral. But yeah, this is another playa blend to me. Good throw and wear length.

This is a very soft lovely scent that starts off with a rosy amber with a non-corn chips salt.  It dries down to a soft, sweet, salty scent without much throw and staying power.  It's very pretty, but also not very long-lasting.

In the Bottle:
Softly rosy, salty and ozonic.

On the Skin:
initially, quite muted.  Dusty-dry, very subtle rose and amber with that interesting musk, which is full and deep.

On the Drydown:
While the power of this never really ramps up, remaining understated,  it is a real beauty and has lasts longer than expected.  The rose never overpowers and the salt note is awesome, adding an edge.

Immediately on the skin, this totally reminds me of these little bath pearls my grandma used to have in the 80s. This being the rosy one. It quickly morphs into a salty ozonic smell. It reminds me of the smell of my skin after spending hours at the beach. Salt, sweat, and slightly sweet skin musk leftover sunscreen smell. Nothing atrocious, and keeps very close to the skin. The rose smell is just about gone, but I think changes to what I'm perceiving as skin musk.

ETA: A few hours later this reminds me a bit of Aegir. Definitely not the same, but that salty, skin musk is nearly identical. I would allllllmost say that this would be a good replacement for Aegir, but I'm sure lavender fans would completely disagree.

Edited by torikitty

I got to try this thanks to the generosity of a forum PIFer -- aquatics are not my jam, but I was intrigued by torikitty's assertion that the drydown reminded her of Aegir, a surprise hit on me.  And she's right -- the late drydown is very similar to that salty musk of Aegir.  Unfortunately, on the way there, it goes through dryer sheet territory on me skin.  Rosy ozone, clean clean clean aquatic, not really getting any amber.  I'm glad I didn't scrub it off because after a few hours it does get lovely, but it takes too long to get there with my skin chemistry.  

It goes on like dryer sheets, and it stays that way for about an hour. Then, I get a wonderful ozonic/beachy scent. Not suntan lotion. It's like standing on the beach beside the sea and taking a deep breath. And... five minutes later it is a faint skin scent. No rose showed up, and some of you may know by now that I amp it. Also, no amber. If you avoid rose scents, you are probably safe to try this. I am so disappointed with my skin chemistry with this one. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. The five minutes of salty, beachy goodness was totally worth the hour of laundry. I am hoping that with time the part I adore gets stronger.

2 out of 5 stars with fingers crossed that it gets better.

I got a decant of this as a surprise. I used to be very wary of salt (due to terrible experience with a perfume where salt was one of the notes), but it's one of my favorite notes now! This is just incredible. Sea salt with a hint of rosy amber. 🤤

In the bottle I get a very soft salt, with a bit of floral. On my skin it becomes identifiable, a very soft rose with salt and blue musk. The rose fades back and it's like a super gentle sea breeze, with just a tiny hint of rose and amber. Beautiful!

Smells really lovely in the bottle; like fresh, wet, bath salt water. Stepping out of a bath tub soaked in epsom salts or lightly rosy bath bombs. Tears, maybe. 

Unfortunately, this seems to disappear entirely once on my skin, until it isn't even discernable. This happens immediately, no matter how much i've slathered on my arms.

I'll hold on to it to see if it ages into any strength, but so far I'm bummed that it just disappears so completely, and so quickly.