Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Hypatia

Roses, mineral water, and a whiff of amber and oudh. This one is a great twist on a rose blend, with that mineral water giving it some "effervescence" without necessarily being bubbly. Here's is strength, smarts, and roses. Good throw and wear length.

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews here!

In the imp: rose and sweet musk, like musk stick lollies; basically Eve without the moss notes.

Wet: amber, musk, a hint of rose, and the starry note from Yvaine.

Dry: musk and blue-star sparkles, with a sweet undercurrent of rose. Gorgeous on its own; would also layer beautifully.

Overall a stunning blend, with a medium to strong throw, which lasted for about 8 hours on my skin. Definitely one I will invest in a bottle of, I love it.

Stars: ★★★★★

Randomly got a decant of this, and wow, it's really pretty! I was expecting something more mineralic, but this is soft and sweetly elegant. As in Storge, the rosewater is very gentle in comparison to other rose notes (I wish it was a more common note). The oud is also very gentle and just adds a woody base to the scent without making it too strong or earthy. Crystalline and effervescent are good descriptors for Hypatia, and that star-musk thing is definitely something I'll have to be on the lookout for in other blends.

Hypatia came to me thanks to a generous PIFer.  Roses aren't usually in my wheelhouse, but rosewater tends to be more reliable on me, and it's really pretty here, shading this scent feminine.  The white musk and oud are soft rather than strident, and I don't know what makes amber crystalline, but instead of the usual glowing warm note of amber, Hypatia feels cool -- the cool of logic, of the sparkling order of the universe.  Lovely and lasting.  I'm so glad I got to try this!

A soft almost feral rose with a mineral-like brightness. Not effervescent like champagne, but gritty like stardust. I agree there's a coolness to it, like looking at the stars at night. The oud isn't stinkehpoo, just adds a sort of living quality. I hate oud usually but this isn't oudy at all. 

There's something lofty, remote, and gorgeous about this. Similar to La Befana with that floral charcoal, chimney dust vibe, but rosey and ancient, with Liz's cold metallic quality.

*layered with Snow White: The Little Princess and Becky when locked in the frosty, sooty attic and the sweet neighbor dudes sneak them some warm clothes, blankets, and hot muffins because they know what a cruel wench the headmaster is. 

_Rp9Aa.gif

It also reminds of that scene where she dumps the ashes on the school snob, no f*cks given.

-8086002041007746877_thumbnail.jpg

TLDR: cold stardust rose water.❤️

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Oooh, this is just beautiful. If you're a lover of white musk this is a must-try in my opinion. It is gorgeously soft and ambery without being powdery at all. This is a cool gentle breeze in the form of a classic perfume. It's so elegant and well-blended! The rose is understated and the oud is barely there, like a soft slightly earthy foundation underneath it all. An absolute stunner!

Blind bottled because I love her (the real Hypatia) & I could not be happier. I almost want this to be my signature scent! But it’s so delicate & glittering that it feels too lovely to be an everyday wear. 
in the bottle it was mostly just Rosewater & amber, one wet the same. But on dry down the other accent scents start to shine. Especially musk & mineral  water. Not heavily, they still support the beautiful rose water & amber scents. 
It lasted about 3 hours before fading to a skin scent, thought that was still gorgeous. I’m so thrilled I just went for it!