Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

White Gardenia & Vanilla Cream

In the bottle, this is unexpectedly restrained and stately - i think of gardenia as the loudest white floral BPAL makes and vanilla cream as one of the thicker, richer sweet notes.  There's a faintly buttery note, like a buttercream specifically, in the bottle, but it dissipated when I put it on.  On my skin, the gardenia smells really filmy and almost silvery, and the vanilla does bear a mild resemblance to Antique Lace and Queen Mab's Lace.  

I worried this would be really sweet, but it's surprisingly elegant. It reminds me of a greatly pared down version of my favorite white floral from BPAL, Swan Maiden.  I'm really glad I got this! 

Thick, rich gardenia and vanilla. This had the potential to explode into something utterly horrible. Both gardenia and cream tend to do horrible things on my skin. Gardenia goes to wet wool, and cream smells like burnt plastic.

AND YET, HERE WE HAVE AN UNHOLY BABY THAT SMELLS EXACTLY AS YOU SAID IT WOULD. 

Magic, my friends, is the only answer.

If you're looking for a rich gardenia SN look no further. Great throw and wear length.

I agree with the other posts. This is almost as magical of a gardenia fragrance as The Eternal Queen from last year's Tarot: The Empress. It's a beautiful, lush, fragrant White Gardenia with the slightly sweet, pretty creamy Vanilla. I cannot wait to wear this in the summer! 

This is a really strong scent. It smelled so strong without the vial being open that I had to put it in a tin and place that tin several feet away so that I couldn't smell it anymore.

I got myself to test it last night, and while I can smell both notes in the vial, the gardenia is the star of the show, and it's SUPER LOUD on me. I do not get much vanilla cream on my skin, sadly, although I know it must be hiding in the background, afraid to join the gardenia on the center stage.

If you love gardenia, you'll probably love this. But the vanilla is not strong enough on me to make me love it like many flormands.

Completely redoing this because Travel Shock Is A Thing.

Gardenia in the bottle. Slightly screechy gardenia on application, but once it's dry, it's much nicer. The gardenia note continues to sweeten, with a creamy overlay developing. It's not vanilla per se; just an overall smooth sweetness. I get little wafts of it every now and again as I move my hand. Very pretty.

Edited by Soupy Twist

Gardenia tends to go soapy on me, so I don't have high hopes.  Also, milk and cream scents don't usually work on me. 

This is a surprise.  It smells a lot like Lush's silky underwear on me.  It is creamy, sweet gardenia with just a little hint of green that smells a little like cucumber peel.  It has that watery green freshness.  It is really quite nice.  

In the decant and once on, I get heady, lush gardenia, with just a hint of vanilla in the background -- it's definitely an assertive white floral, but the vanilla seems to keep it from getting screechy. This lasts long, has good throw, and morphs very little. If you're a gardenia fan, it's worth tracking down a bottle of this.

I only used a tiny drop on my wrist, as vanillas don't tend to agree with me these days.  Even the tiny drop, signals FLORALS, and not really the gardenia that I know and love from the real deal. It's pretty close, though, and reminds me of my mom, who loves this kind of scent.  This will be nice for spring, if we ever get one with the 10 feet high snow piles.  :)

Gorgeous, trumpeting gardenia, that gets creamier as it dries down. Dry, it is definitely softened and sweetened by the vanilla cream. It's the perfect fragrance for a sweltering day. So lovely!

This is such a gorgeous, true to flower gardenia scent. The vanilla is creamy and lovely and anchors it well. I just want to inhale my wrist all day with this on. Decent throw, lasts a long time, and it doesn't change much from bottle to skin on me, even after drying. This is such a well balanced floral. Adult but not old.