Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cold Moon 2019

The Full Moon that shines over the frost-rimed heart of winter. Traditional lunar oils combined with glittering snow flowers, chilly herbs, soft breezes and frozen ferns.

Chilly, cold white florals (snowdrop and daffodil come to mind), and a whiff of herbs and ferns. Delightfully chilly, it sort of reminds me to crisp snow. Medium throw and wear length.

On me, this is mostly about the chilly, slushy snow. After a while, it goes through a bit of an odd phase. I think one of the lunar oils is a citrus-y note that doesn't play well with the snow note on me? But mostly, I get the slushy snow note.

I decided to try this one because I always feel like I should try the scent that goes with the shirt I buy, but this scent isn't one I could really see myself reaching for... I prefer other scents with the slushy snow note more.

I get snow, ferns, and citrusy herbs.  It is very evocative of a bright, cold winter night.  

In the decant and once on, I get the creamy, slushy version of the snow note, without much in the way of citrus. The herbs and white florals come out as it dries down, adding a floral and slightly bitter edge to the snow note. It's like a less lemony version of The Moon's My Own. Chilly, pretty, and perfect for a snowy day.