Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Let the wild Holiday Rumpus start!

In the bottle: Gingerbread in front of you, pumpkin egg nog in that skull next to it.

Wet on skin: Hello holiday spices and moist, cakey ginger spice bread with a whisper of butter! Just a hint of skull.

This is not a heavy throw kinda treat.  Even with the spices, this is close to medium throw

Dry down: Cinnamon spiced pumpkin egg nog in a weathered skull. (my skin amps cinnamon above all else, so others will definitely wear this one differently than I)
I only know the skull/ bone note is there because I'm looking for it. It's there as a wonderful, savvy mellower, balancing out the notes. It's kind of brilliant.

People are going to want to nibble on you, wearing this. 

Mix of egg nog and gingerbread. It starts being more gingerbread, very sweet and cookie smelling. Later, it's more equal parts egg nog and gingerbread. Very foodie and pretty much holiday treats in a bottle.

Okay, have you ever made gingerbread and it turns out really....hearty? Like dense, chewy, and cake-like? That is this blend. I didn't know what steaming gingerbread would smell like, but I get it now. This is the gingerbread version of that chewy tobacco everybody knows. It swallows up the egg nog and leaves small peeks of pumpkin spice to peer through hopefully, but truly this is an extra-cakey, not too sweet gingerbread. It stays close to the skin but lingers for quite a while, finally letting a bit more nog emerge once the heartiest hits of gingerbread fade. 

I think I would like more egg nog in this from the start, but this would make a very fun complement to Pumpkin Cheesecake HG or Cinnamon Sugar Cookie and Egg Nog HG!

This is so delicious. Wet it’s a strong eggnog-cinnamon-gingerbread mix. It’s strong but not overwhelming. Then a curious thing happens. After about an hour, the softest hint of the “snow” that makes up a lot of the frostbitten series peeks out as the cinnamon, eggnog and gingerbread mellow. It’s a very soft hint though, which is great for me because I don’t love an abundance of that snow note. Here it’s just right, complementing the food notes and evoking that evaporated steam note. A beautiful blend and I’m glad I was able to obtain it thanks to lovely Silvertree fairying!

I was really curious about this one, but passed on asking for a fairy, thinking it could go cinnabomb on me. So I was glad to get to try this one through a swap.

Well, it is as I feared -- total cinnabomb on me. Strong cinnamon and gingerbread spices reign for the first few hours of wear. The creamy eggnog, which I could smell in the bottle, did not want to join in and help tame the spices. After a few hours, I am left with the pumpkin part of the eggnog.

This isn't for me, since it was too much cinnamon for my liking, and I was hoping for more eggnog with these notes -- but I have a friend who adores strong cinnamon scents, so I will be gifting the bottle to her. :) 

A year ago, TASAC was FEROCIOUSLY cinnamon-forward. I'm pleased to report that in the course of a year it's mellowed and settled into a sweet eggnog-gingerbread-pumpkin blend well muddled with rum, ginger, clove, cinnamon, fresh-scraped vanilla bean, a touch of candied citrus peel, and a round eggy cream note that reminds me of pumpkin flan. The spices fade during wear, leaving sweet pumpkin pulp, flan, and touches of gingerbread. I'm not sure what the skull is supposed to smell like - an orris or dry resin? - but whatever the note is, its only effect is to dial the blend down to 90% foody, 10% neutral. 

If it was too much cinnamon for you then, try it now that it's got some age on it.