Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

So TKO is great but Frostbitten TKO is even better. The snow note here is the light and sweet one, in the vein of Snow White and Fresh and Blooming as a Rose from a few Yules ago. It marries so well with the base TKO. A real winner.

TKO (sweet lavender, possibly marshmallow?), but it dries down to a minty snow note. Similar in throw (moderate), wear length (long, with a slow fade), and just as soothing, but I found it gently jarring to wake up and smell a cool frosty note instead of just lavender. ^_^;; Worth getting if you think you'll like it, but otherwise zero surprises.

TKO without the KO! Lavender has always been my nighttime scent, but the snow note (this one is the Snow White snow to me) perks it up enough to wear during the day. The sugary snow + lavender makes me think of a wintery Sugar Phoenix. This is lovely and sweet, a perfect combination. 

Frostbitten TKO is TKO + Snow White's sweet snow note. In other words, IT IS EVERYTHING. (TKO and Snow White are two of my favorite scents.) It starts off stronger on the floofy lavender marshmallow sugar of TKO, but the sweet Snow White snow note emerges more over time and ends up being the most noticeable part of the scent after several hours of wear.

I have been wanting a lavender snow scent with this snow note for years, and this Yule, Beth made it a reality. All hail Beth! All hail! :bow:

Needless to say, I am going to need eleventy million bottles before this goes away. :wub2:

Interesting duel of the 'icy' frostbitten note and the warmth I associate with lavender. On the sweeter side without getting into foody territory. Reminiscent of cozying up on a brisk winter day.

Snowy, extra marshmallowy almond TKO. If Snow White and TKO had a baby, this is what it would smell like. Yup. Good throw and wear length.

FBTKO is definitely the Snow White snow, very sweet & somewhat nutty. SW has a hint of plastic on my skin (nothing traumatic, just a trail that follows behind), and this almost does that plastic hint. Magically, the lavender positions itself right there, and when I think the scent  gonna plastic, it lavenders. Sugary marshmallow poofs add to the sweetness. SW snow note dominates. 
I’m a little sad I don’t get a chilly feel from the frost, even though it’s delicious. 

My partner’s eyes lit up when he smelled it on me, so it’s a keeper in any case :lol: 

I had to have this, and I had hoped this years Frostbitten note would be the same as last year's, which everyone seems to agree is the snow note from Snow White. I was really glad they kept that consistent, as I adore that snow note! (it smells kind of like frozen coconut water to me, its amazing). It blends so great with TKO. This is a new bedtime fave.

Wet: Straight up TKO with an extra bit of sweetness.

Dry: Snow White/TKO mash-up. (So think of a snowy version of TKO with added vanilla sweetness, more or less.) IMO, this is better than plain TKO or Snow White. :lol: These two smell perfect together. 

If TKO is your jam, try this. 

I haven't tried TKO yet, but looove Snow White and knew I wanted to try it blended with lavender. Frostbitten TKO is lovely and soporific, not too sweet or too sharp, and I am totally wearing it to bed tonight. It doesn't seem to have the usual longevity that Snow White has on me, but my skin loves to gobble up lavender, so that isn't surprising. 

A beautiful marriage of TKO and Snow White's fluffy snow. The snow actually tempers the sweetness of TKO a bit and just makes it fluffier and wispier with a tiny bit of coolness. So lovely.

I like this better than regular TKO, which often feels a bit too sweet for me (like lavender syrup, sweet vanilla and cotton candy).  Snow White / Frostbitten is sweet and vanilla-y itself, but it actually tones down the vanilla sugar sweetness of TKO by adding this cool, creamy layer to it.  It feels more light and airy with the Frostbitten part.  Even more cool toned and calming.

I've never actually tried TKO classic, Snow White, or any of the Frostbitten scents! So I can't compare this to any other perfume. What I can state, definitely, is that it is cravable and lovely!

It's predominantly a herbal lavender-mint. The lavender is more herbal than floral, but it stops short of being the astringent type. There's a creamy roundness underlying the scent -- I don't smell vanilla or coconut in this as distinct notes at all, but it's the TEXTURE of a coconut/vanilla background, even if my nose can't quite pick it out. There's a slight added sweetness that I can't identify. Taken together, this is a lovely lavender herbal scent, balanced by sweet, creamy roundness and clean, non-foodie mint. I really like this!

Strength/Wear length: Relatively strong, still catch whiffs the next day.

My Frostbitten TKO arrived from the lab today, so this may even get better!? WOO! I was very nervous about this blind bottle purchase, but I love me some Frostbitten scents, and this has quickly skyrocketed to one of my favorite Frostbitten scents (along with SO and D.orian). I don't really love lavender, but I love the FB note even though I don't like snow white on my skin solo. So odd how that works. This is giving me cotton phoenix vibes, I think because this has a floofy almond sweet thing going on that my skin loves and blends so nicely with the lavender. There have been a few bottles I wanted to love, but never reached for because the lavender took over, so much so they went to the swap pile. 

I've never had any strictly bed time scent, but this could definitely be one. It would also be a great winter scent any time of day, as the lavender isn't the main note here. For some reason, none of the frostbitten series read as mint to me, while it seems to do so for others. 

TLDR- sweet, cold, creamy without being foodie, floral and comforting. Glad I got a bottle!

Edited by Madame Mew

I've never tried TKO, and my experience with the lab's snow notes are quite hit or miss. 

This is a lovely scent fresh on, and I see why TKO is so popular, but I've found that do tend to stray more on the herbal and more natural lavender side of the labs lavender notes than the syrupy sweet lavender found in so many of their sweeter scents. It's very reminiscent of the lavender from Lavender & Gingerbread, but there's nothing to ground this for me. The snow note, while lovely, is the powdery coconutish note that I believe is the same as Snow White. It's not my cup of tea, so it's been rehomed to a friend who'se fallen in love with it, but if you're a fan of Snow White, or TKO, this is absolutely for you. 

Preconceived notions:

I've never tried any of the Frostbitten scents because I associate "Frostbitten" with Numb, which I hated.  But since I hear that Frostbitten here means Snow White, which I like, I had to try this.

First sniff:

TKO for sure!  There's that familiar lavender vanilla wonderfulness.  But I can smell a faint something in the background.  Unidentifiable so far, but it's a bit creamy, but not in an actual "cream" way.

Wet on skin:

Mostly TKO, but the Snow White is coming out.  It's faint, but it's adding a smoothness to the herbal-sweetness of the TKO.

Dry down:

This is just lovely.  An almost perfect mix between TKO and Snow White.  A soothing, calming scent.

The Snow White adds a bit of marzipan-like creaminess with a faint hint of a sort of green, faint floral note, like lilies, complete with the stems. 

The final verdict:

If TKO and Snow White had a baby, this would be it.  It's beautiful and I'm sure it's going to age well.

I am back to proclaim my love for this! I now have a bottle of TKO, untested as it’s resting from the mail from last week, and a backup bottle of this on the way. I just love the frostbitten series and this does not disappoint. 

I just realized I should have edited my initial review. Ooooops. 

Edited by Madame Mew

In the bottle it's full on herbal lavender to the point i was asking myself why i bothered purchasing another lavender blend oil. 

On my skin the only thing i smell is the lavender and nothing else, but after half an hour, it's all gone and i'm left with the Frostbitten base that more or less mirrors Snow White. I'm very fond of the Frostbitten part, just surprised that lavender didn't cling on at all to it.

Edited by theredkilt

It takes a bit for the frostbitten part of this perfume to shine. For a while, I can't detect much of a difference from regular TKO, but then the snow begins to drift in. Primarily, the snow is a sweet almond cream note. There are some faint florals mixed in, but none of them can outshine the herbaceous lavender of TKO.

I've never tried Snow White so I can't say if this is similar. This is perfect for a snowy winter day.