Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Frostbitten La Lethe

Slushy snow, and notes of orchid, tobacco, amber, and musk. I think the snow sort of softens La Lethe, and actually makes it more approachable - it has a very red berry tone to it for me. Good throw and wear length.

Disclaimer: I did not rest this very long, two days to be exact, so I will come back with more details eventually. 

In the bottle, taking on a very menthol twist on Le Lethe

Wet on the skin: Holy mint! Most of the frostbitten versions don't read as mint on my skin, but this sure does. 

This is going in my aging spot for a few weeks. 

ETA: I waited 5 more days, opened it, sniffed, WOW. Whole different creature, and what I had hoped it would be... a slightly less intense Le Lethe. I almost can't believe it but I can, as I've heard time and again that you have to rest from the mail. I didn't listen, and almost swapped this away. What a fool! It's beautiful. I tried just a smidge on my arm before bed and it smelled like a mellower, softer version. I bet some more age is going to take this to a favorite. 

Edited by Madame Mew
resting from the mail (5 days)

Le Lethe smells like honeyed, super sweet chewing tobacco and is actually too sweet for me, but Frostbitten Le Lethe is really lovely.  It's sweet, warm tobacco behind a veil of ice covered evergreens and I can smell the chill, the pine needles and the evergreen sap.  It has a sharp, crisp iciness to it, almost a little mentholic. In the drydown, I can pick out the resinous, amber-y labdanum as well, which I couldn't in the original Le Lethe.